DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

In my office...

trakand_01

Just had to share this with people who appreciate it. There is a guy in my office, I'm looking at him right now, who is the absolute personification of the appearance Rand took on when he went into one of the palaces with Min. I can't remember exactly when it was, but it was in book 9 or after because i havent got to it yet this re-read.  He traveled there, and he took on the appearance of a small, plain man in an oversized coat with lank, greasy hair and a severe parting. That man is in my office.

I think he thinks i'm a loon, i keep staring at him...

I am not meaning to hijack your thread if I am taking it in the wrong direction, so please yell at me trakand if I am and I will stop.

I have seen two people in real life that have been the spitting image of characters from the books. 

One guy looked exactly like I thought Rand would look - he was very tall, red hair and he had these tatoos that went all the way down his arms...they were not dragons...but it made me do a double take and I am sure he thought I was crazy, because I was staring.  I was thinking "that is exactly what Rand would look like."

The other guy looked exactly like Perin. 

Two strangers that I have no idea who they are, but reminded me of characters from the books.  You reminded me of this when you posted your thread.

There are many people I see, or even songs I hear that for some reason make me think of particular characters. I find it frustrating because I'm never with anyone else who reads the books and my partner already thinks i'm insane without me tellng him i've just seen the incarnation of Faile.

There are many people I see, or even songs I hear that for some reason make me think of particular characters. I find it frustrating because I'm never with anyone else who reads the books and my partner already thinks i'm insane without me tellng him i've just seen the incarnation of Faile.

I've got the same with the song part.

Example: Heaven Shall Burn - No One Will Shed A Tear

That's a song that makes me think about the asha'men...

Or Neaera - I Love The World

This one makes me think about Rand :p

Please tell me I'm not the only one who can't listen to Wheel in the Sky by Journey without instantly thinking of Wheel of Time? :)

Haha nope, that one does it for me aswell.  ;D

EDIT: Oh and every time I hear Metallica - Of Wolf And Man I can't help but think of Perrin.

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

I'm looking around now, and if i put a couple of stone on the guy at the desk across, i've got talmanes too...

Here starts the slippery slope toward insanity.  ;D

I thought the Of Wolf and Man call was a good one.

Whenever I read the various bits of the Kathereaon (sp.) Cycle and their shadowy counterparts I always think of "The Man Comes Around" by Johnny Cash. It always makes me smile to think of RJ flicking through Revelation and thinking "I gotta get me some of that in here."

Oh it's not a slippery slope, its' a piste, and i'm on a snowboard. I've been verging on insane for a fair few years now.

Still, at least i'm happy! ;D

Dont worry, insanity grows on you after a while, and you should see what you can get away with!!  ;)

ive seen a few who look like WoT characters. Once worked for a guy who couldve been lan's brother, same face, hairstyle, only needed about 20 lbs more muscle and hed be a shoe-in

Quite. If this is insanity I dont know why people try so hard to avoid it!

Just this weekend I had to restrain myself. My partner's father laid a wood floor for us, my partner wanted to give him money for it, his father flatly refused to take the money; he'd done it because he wanted to, not for money.

My partner was trying to force the money on him, and i had to refrain from mentioning 'toh...

I dont think it would have helped the situation...

On the plus side, I found my Rand - Brad Pitt in Meet Joe Black, just put auburn hair on him.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dreadlord

One thing that bugs me is the pictures one here, on the top left. Ive only seen a few and its obvious who each is meant to be, yet they are nothing like what I imagine them to be. Rand, on here, looks like a kid. Mat looks like a little girl, Moiraine looks more like a Sea Folk woman than Aes Sedai, and Lan...Lan is probably the closest yet still not quite there

Please tell me I'm not the only one who can't listen to Wheel in the Sky by Journey without instantly thinking of Wheel of Time? :)

Haha nope, that one does it for me aswell.  ;D

EDIT: Oh and every time I hear Metallica - Of Wolf And Man I can't help but think of Perrin.

Me too :D

*sings*

Off through the new day's mist I run

Out from the new day's mist I have come

We shift, pulsing the earth

Company we keep. Roaming the land while you sleep

Bright is the moon, high in starlight

Chill in the air, cold as steel tonight

We shift, Call of the wild

Fear in your eyes. It's later then you realized.

*howls*

on topic, I've never seen anyone from WOT unfortunately. :(

Guest Dreadlord

Those lyrics are good. One thing I admired about RJ is his poetry, and the wording of the prophecies.

You know it’s weird whenever I hear evanescence’s song "going under" I think of rand. ???

i once saw a guy that looked exactly like Mat. I was with a friend at the time, who saw me practically freak out.... Until today she refuses to go to the movies with me. ;D

Archived