DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The effect of Balefire on Balefire

trakand_01

So, Rand and Moridin's balefires crossed. Considering the nature of Balefire and what it does, what is the effect of two different people's balefire columns touching?

Does one balefire wipe the other one from the pattern which wipes the first one which wipes the other one.. and on and on, or does it do something much more sinister?

I havent had a major think on this, and have to admit I may have gotten my facts wrong somehow, but is there any possibility (feel free to pull me apart) that the balefires would eat backwards, until they reached the 'firer' of the other balefire? Is there any chance that this would be significant in Rand / Moridin 'switching' or one dying...? They are obviously linked; LTT mentions 'the other one' and Rand sees a vaguely familiar man's face when he channels, and we know that 'one of you will live, one of you will die'.

Just random thoughts to throw about  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Everything from the books indicate Moridin is suffering from identical effects as Rand from their balefile crossing. The last couple times that Rand has had visions of Moridin when he seized the source, he saw that Moridin looked confused, and nauseous.

Archived