DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elaida's Fortelling, My Interpertaion And Your Oppions

Darth_Andrea

Please tell me what you all think of my interpertaion of this.

Foretelling From Elaida a'Roihan

ACoS,Prologue - "The White Tower will be whole again, except for remnants cast out and scorned, whole and stronger than ever. Rand al'Thor will face the Amyrlin Seat and know her anger. The Black Tower will be rent in blood and fire, and sisters will walk its grounds. This I Foretell."

Egwene unites the tower, casting out the Black Ajah along with Elaida, who has gone totaly Almonds. And with the changes she has made, all the novices, her plans for the Kin, and associations with the Windfinders and Aiel Wise Ones, makes it much stronger. Rand comes to the Tower, and Egwene goes off on him for the sisters who were bonded, and possiably for Tiam if that has been delt with by then. The Black tower itself will be the site of a battle between Taim's darkfriend followers and those loyal to Rand under the command of Logain.

What Do you all Think?

[glow=green,1,500]Darth_Andrea[/glow]          starwars1.gif 

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

I mostly agree.  :)

All I'd add is that some of the Red flee when Egwene outs the Black Ajah. I'd guess that she'd manage to ruffle some feathers among the Reds and they'd prefer to get away.

I also can't decide if the sisters walking the grounds refers to the bonded sisters or unbonded victorious sisters after the Towers clash.

I have one main problem though, with the prophecy, not your interpretation.

Does "The White Tower will be whole again" mean the White Tower in the modern context, or the unification of a organisation of male and female channlers? i.e. the way Aes Sedai used to be in the AOL?

By the way, I've never heard the expression going/gone Almonds. Brilliant.  ;D

Yeah I agree too. With the BT being 'rent in blood and fire', my understanding of being 'rent' is to be torn, so yes I think probably that it will be a battle, Taim and his cronies will split from the 'good' Asha'man. I wonder whether the White Tower will end up the literal opposite of the Black Tower - with Taim and the Black Ajah sisters running the BT, and Egwene and the good sisters / perhaps even the good Asha'Man (Logain, Flinn, Narishma etc) in the White Tower. In this case, the Black Ajah could be the ones to walk the Black Tower grounds.

I had wondered whether 'the DR will face the Amyrlin, and will know her anger' perhaps didnt necessarily mean that Egwene's going to tear him up one side and down the other, but that quite simply - Rand knows Egwene's anger. He's known her for a long time and both have a habit of winding the other up.

I had wondered - are the foretellings things which will happen in order, or events which will come to pass at some point in time?

Does "The White Tower will be whole again" mean the White Tower in the modern context, or the unification of a organisation of male and female channlers? i.e. the way Aes Sedai used to be in the AOL?

My guess is that it means the WT in its modern context, as in the AOL there was no tower, and they all went to the Hall of Servants. The WT was founded later. Because of this I would say it means the WT as it is now. If it meant a unification of male and female channlers, it would have been worded differently.

Please tell me what you all think of my interpertaion of this.

Foretelling From Elaida a'Roihan

ACoS,Prologue - "The White Tower will be whole again, except for remnants cast out and scorned, whole and stronger than ever. Rand al'Thor will face the Amyrlin Seat and know her anger. The Black Tower will be rent in blood and fire, and sisters will walk its grounds. This I Foretell."

Egwene unites the tower, casting out the Black Ajah along with Elaida, who has gone totaly Almonds. And with the changes she has made, all the novices, her plans for the Kin, and associations with the Windfinders and Aiel Wise Ones, makes it much stronger. Rand comes to the Tower, and Egwene goes off on him for the sisters who were bonded, and possiably for Tiam if that has been delt with by then. The Black tower itself will be the site of a battle between Taim's darkfriend followers and those loyal to Rand under the command of Logain.

What Do you all Think?

I mostly agree with your intrepretation.     The AS walking the grounds has obviously already happened.   We may well get some more but technically this already meets the requirement.   Rand has not "faced" Egwene since she became Amyrlin, but he already knows her anger about the forced AS bonding.   He has already taken steps to reduce that anger, so maybe it will be something else?    Not sure, he has done so much, and she is a woman after all, so there is plenty for her to "nitpick" at:

What!    You cleansed Sadin without enviting my AS!    How dare you!

What!    You let the WT AS bond Ash'amen as well as my Rebal AS!     How Dare you!

What!    You broke the woman's CK Key!    How Dare you!

What!    You made a treaty with the Seanchan without consulting me!    How Dare you!

What!    You destroyed that Cesspool of evil Shadar Logoth without me!  How Dare you!

What!    You married Minn, Aviendra and Elayene.    How dare you!

Let's face reality here, a woman can always find reasons to get mad at a man!    That is a well known fact of life.

To tell the truth, it will really tick me off if she gets all that mad at him when she meets him now.    Here he is half blind, missing one hand, with a wound from Ishy and one from Fain.    If she treats him with anything but the upmost respect I will be pissed!

I was thinking perhaps it will be the whole thing with the Seanchan. Of all the things that could really anger Egwene it's going to be this truce Rand has planned. Injured or not I'm fairly sure she is going to tear him up one side and down the other. She knows first hand what it's like to be in their hands. She is gonna freak if he dosen't get assurances they will stop collaring women and release all the Aes Sedai they have captured. Yeah she is gonna give him a new place to poop from.

I agree with the original post + the thought that male and female will work together once more.  Eventually, Egwene et. al. will be convinced the male half is clean.  I hope that when Rand knows Egwene's anger, Egwene knows his too.  Not that Egwene has done anything "wrong" per se, but Egwene needs to stop assuming only the tower knows what to do.  Just like Mat told the Aes Sedai what they could do with themselves when he had enough, I think Rand deserves to be allowed to vent as well, and then everyone will understand everyone and the good guys will finally work together.  :)

My thoughts are pretty well stated, and a bit more complex as to what has been suggested. My guess is that the Seanchan invasion of the Tower will largely be involved in the re-unification--specifically that their arrival shall coincide with Egwene's dinner with Elaida, in which Egwene embarresses Elaida in front of her close circle--Javindhra, Tarna, M --and Elaida snaps, commanding Egwene be taken to the cells. I suspect that there will be some moment in which Elaida's supporters show their wavering belief in her even as they take Egwene away, but that Egwene will speak to them, and they won't silence her.

Following this Elaida will be in a drunken rage. This will be when the Seanchan arrive, and Tarna, seeing the to'raken land on the roof of the Tower will attempt to draw Elaida away, who will resist. Tarna will be forced to flee even as Elaida is taken. Meanwhile Egwene will learn of the invasion, and will immediately act, gathering those that are free and taking them to join the Rebels and then leading them all against the Seanchan resulting in a deadlock of intercity fighting. Following this Trollocs from Tarwin's Gap will assault the city, which will press the Aes Sedai hard. The seanchan in the Tower will not act to aid the Aes Sedai.

Meanwhile Rand will meet with Tuon and reach a non-aggression pact including the ceasation of leashing channelers, but will agree to the Seanchan keeping those they've already taken. Tuon will reveal the attack on Tar Valon, and together they will move to stop it. They will find the city under siege by the Seanchan, and Tuon will lead the Seanchan in the Tower to aid Egwene.

It's not as outlandish as it sounds. Before you respond check out my Memory of the Light The Plot thread, it lays out in more detail precisely why i think this will occur. It is here--sorry, i couldn;t find the original after much searching, so i reposted it here. http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,27728.0.html

For the purpose of this thread i feel that ultimately Elaida's viewing does indeed involve Egwene's asscendence and indeed refers to the increased strength resulting from Egwene's innovative position on gathering and retaining women who can channel. Her anger, i suspect, involves Rand's decision to allow the Seanchan to keep the women already leashed. The part cast out and reviled likely refers to the Black--i personally feel Egwene will find some way to consolidate the Red under her--likely through Tarna, who i rather expect will replace Sheriam as Egwene's Keeper. The Black Tower riven by blood and so forth i supsect involves a Taim and Logain confrontation--much has been suggested by others. I merely suspect that the majority of Taim's men will escape because the Shadow is already low in channelers.

To add complexity then, what will Mesaana do?  she is in the white tower.  As of the end of KoD she has the chaos she wants but if the Seanchan win the battle, they unite the tower in their own way whereas if the Aes Sedai win, It will also be united.  We have to assume too that Mesaana knows Rand is trying to make peace with the Seanchan since she is working closely with Semirhage and until taken prisoner in KoD, Semirhage was manipulating the Seanchan.  It seems to me that Mesaana will try to kill Egwene after all in order to prevent the White Tower from winning.  At present I think she underestimates Egwene.  On the other hand, if Elaida has an "accident" the Tower will be thrown into further chaos with Egwene possibly being accused since she is the leader of the rebels.  With the Tower in complete disorder, the Seanchan might win the confrontation, but because they are also in the midst of chaos, the whole situation will be just that, chaos.  A weak Seanchan holding the tower with a Black Tower led by a Darkfriend.  I think that is what Mesaana will try to achieve.  Thus, perhaps it is Elaida who will die and somehow Egwene will win through in the end more or less along the lines suggested.

Meanwhile Rand will meet with Tuon and reach a non-aggression pact including the ceasation of leashing channelers, but will agree to the Seanchan keeping those they've already taken. Tuon will reveal the attack on Tar Valon, and together they will move to stop it. They will find the city under siege by the Seanchan, and Tuon will lead the Seanchan in the Tower to aid Egwene.

I would not be surprised to see the Seanchan with a sword dream fulfilled elsewhere, and Mat stuck with this job as I could see Tuon and Rand both supporting him in this role.

Archived