DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aloha!

bcxanth

Hello everyone. I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself to you all. I'm not new to the WoT online community, but this is my first venture into the land of Dragonmount. I spent allot of time in places like Asmodean's BBS (back in the day), raswr-j, and various other places like that under various names. However it seems to be difficult to find real discussion that doesn't end up degenerating into petty disputes, or fizzle away because the group dies. So I figured now was a good time to finally check out Dragonmount. :)

I'm currently on my... 20th... 30th... I don't know which reread of the series. However I've only been through KoD once so my knowledge there is still a bit sketchy. So please be patient with me if there are things from that book I've forgotten or I get wrong. I'm on tSR in my current reread, so it will be a while before I get to my second read of KoD.

Anyway, I guess that's it for now. See you all on the boards! :)

welcome bcxanth, always nice to see a fellow Michigan resident join the boards. Don't worry about finding real discussions, we've got a LOT of them, and you can start your own and just about everyone will post. 20 or 30 rereads is a LOT of rereads! I'm impressed. I myself am only on my 4th. Anyway, enjoy. We're all pretty crazy.

Guest Egwene

Definately a tiny bit crazy, Kadere *g*

great to see you, Bcxanth. Glad to see you mentioning Asmo... have a look at the thread on the book discussion boards... it's still pretty civilised!!

Guess you're not on your first edition anymore either... wish they invented the 'never falls apart books'....

How come you never investigated DM until now?

Actually, I still have the majority of my original books. I've only had to replace three of them. :) It helps of course that half of my books are hardcover. As for the others, I feel that if I can still read them through the tape, then they don't need to be replaced yet. :wink:

I'm not really sure why it took me this look to check out the DM forums. I always knew the site was here, and even checked it out now and then. Just never got around to actually checking out the forums I guess. :)

Guest Egwene

it would be interesting to know just how many people visit regularely without becoming members.....

I discovered the series farly late, so only have the last four or five books in hardcover. Had to buy a new set for the paperbacks. Unfortunately I do bend the spine quite a bit when reading...

hope you enjoy getting to know some new people here :)

Well I'm the crazy guy who started reading this series just before WH came out, and since then have gone into used bookstores, or purchased on the internet, 1st edition hardback copies of TDR-PoD, and First Edition Trade Paperback copies of TEotW and TGH. SO I now have the entire series in some form of 1st edition.... What? Is that TOO crazy?

Guest Egwene

no.... not in my books!!!! Totally understandable in fact

*wishes she had Kadere's collection....*

Guest Egwene

sneaky!! One book I bought ages ago is the WoT RP book. Someone was asking me about it, so I looked it up on amazon and there were guys there trying to sell one for nearly $1000.... didn't say if this edition was signed in gold by RJ or something... but it made me wonder if mine is worth something....

I'm really interested in some day going through and finding first editions of all the books, undamaged, for a collection. I also need to get a new copy of the big book. Mine got stolen. :(

As for the WoT RPG being worth money... That would be nice. I still have mine, and in really good condition since I never used it. Frankly I found the whole thing very insulting after reading it. And from some comments RJ has made it sounds like he's far from thrilled with how it turned out too. I mean they wanted a T'A that could be used to bring on the last battle? That's just wrong.

Archived