DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ishamael The Seanchan And OMG

Darth_Andrea

It's been made very clear since the first book, that Ishamael has had a very direct hand in the development in the Seanchan culture. One of his black sisters made the first A`dame's and he had some influence over Luthare Pendrag. He or someone he controled Modified the Seanchan versions of the Prophicys of the Dragon. And who knows what else, no matter what happens in AMOL, the Seanchan issue isn't going to be resolved completly. Which I think should be a bone for us to try to convince Harriet and Brandon to do that particular outrigger.

We know RJ planned it to some extent, Mat and Tuon 10 years after TG apparently trying to retake the Seanchan empire. It's a society that needs to be delt with their practices, conserning channelers and others, are very wrong and in many cases cruel. Their odd superstitions while I doubt will ever be done away with completly they should over time fade to be reconized as such. *blinks* Ants and circleing birds predicting the weather? *Shakes Head* Myself I want to see what happens especialy if Tuon begins channeling before the end of AMOL as some have speculated.

[glow=green,1,500]Darth_Andrea[/glow]        starwars1.gif

Yeah, this is interesting to think about and it will be cool to see how much more about the Seanchan and their past shall be revealed in MOL.

And the Seanchan superstitions ARE amusing, but then again, so are the superstitions in the WestLands.

We don't actually know that Deaine was a Darkfriend. Indeed, Moridin's thoughts about the impossibility of a forced ring (the a'dam) suggest that he had no role in that game, and the fact that Deaine was later leashed herself suggests to me that she was just your random power hungry player.

every culture has their superstitions. hell after the aztec (or was it mayan)"we need human sacrifices or the sun wont rise", ants and birds seem pretty mild. I think it was added just for more detail, to emphasise that they were different, outsiders.

As for the changing of the prophesies, it couldve been some sycophant scribe trying to suck up by saying the savior of the world will become the crystal thrones servant.

Thouh why is the Empires Emblem a Raven?

every culture has their superstitions. hell after the aztec (or was it mayan)"we need human sacrifices or the sun wont rise", ants and birds seem pretty mild. I think it was added just for more detail, to emphasise that they were different, outsiders.

As for the changing of the prophesies, it couldve been some sycophant scribe trying to suck up by saying the savior of the world will become the crystal thrones servant.

Thouh why is the Empires Emblem a Raven?

It was the Aztecs, before they were killed by Cortez.

And I think I remember reading somewhere that it was indeed Ishy who changed the Seanchan version. I'll try and find it.

Archived