spigots or caudrens  

114 members have voted

1. 1. spigots or caudrens

• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

Say, if scientists found a way we could be immortal; what would they do next? Do you think they would share the secret? Or would they keep it from us to save us from the possibly terrible conqesuences?

And would you want to live forever? Eternal existence, endless possiblities...or boredom.. :)

Well, as long as the immortality only prevents from death by old age, there are always a number of ways to put an end to it if it becomes too bloody boring after a few millennias.

I would totally go for it. Imagine living to see the first human colonies on Mars, the first contact with aliens, and all other cool space stuff waiting in the future :)

Only if i could be Urza...or a vampire.  Vampires are cool.  especially vampire pirate ninjas.  I played one of those in dnd once...awesome!

But on a more serious note.  I believe we already are.  Though our bodies may cease functioning, decompose, and fertilize the grass for the antelopes, our consciousness remains tied to the divine consciousness.  All of our thoughts, memories and experiences are stored, and we essentially live on forever in the great sea of consciousness.  At least thats why the mushroom gods told me.

"We are eternal, and all this pain is an illusion." -Tool

This is not even remotely possible Squee, since in order for you to have a ninja and a pirate in a single character, would quickly result in you committing suicide. Also, a Pirate Vampire would defeat the purpose of being a pirate. Therefore, you are lying about being that character. You fail.

"ok"  I became a vampire at lvl 3 ninja...in in the dm guide as a base class...look it up.  i acquired a ship at lvl10 and then proceded to commit acts of piracy.  that makes me a vampire ninja pirate.  game.  set.  match.

Hmm... I'd have to say 'No' on that one. For the sheer reason that an inability to die could potentially do more harm than good.

For example, you get to see the sun die, and most likely see the planet burn up around you when it asplodes, killing all life save for yourself and another select few immortal people (those that voted 'Yes' here). But after that, the planet's flung out of orbit without the sun holding the solar system together anymore and temperatures would drop to (almost) perfect zero Kelvin... Until the moment Earth drifts into a gas cloud, or collides with a star or a black hole or somesuch.

Also... Not having anything to eat and drink, nor air to breathe kind of sucks when you're immortal. Oh well, at least there's still gravity so you don't drift off of the planet into outer space (even though the planet itself's drifting in space).

Oh, on a sidenote, i found a really good piece of artwork depicting such an event: DeviantArt link. And no, i didn't draw it (I WISH!)

For example, you get to see the sun die, and most likely see the planet burn up around you when it asplodes, killing all life save for yourself and another select few immortal people (those that voted 'Yes' here). But after that, the planet's flung out of orbit without the sun holding the solar system together anymore and temperatures would drop to (almost) perfect zero Kelvin... Until the moment Earth drifts into a gas cloud, or collides with a star or a black hole or somesuch.

Also... Not having anything to eat and drink, nor air to breathe kind of sucks when you're immortal. Oh well, at least there's still gravity so you don't drift off of the planet into outer space (even though the planet itself's drifting in space).

Immortality is not invunerability.  ;)

When I say Immortality, I mean as in living forever as long as we're not killed or the like.

That said, the very idea of eternal existence would probably mean invunerability. *Shrugs*

Besides, the sun exploding; that's quite a while yet. By that time I think we could discover a way to prevent it: it may seem impossible, but think about all we've done now that ancients would have thought Witchcraft.

Oh, and that picture is very good *Nods*

we'd need a whole lot of hydrogen to stop the sun from exploding.  Or more correctly put it off for a while more.

Thats why I inserted the Urza clause.  "oh, the sun is about to die?  Well Ill just go to a plane where its not doing that.  maybe it'll be one with dwarves, and elves.  Then I wouldnt be the shortest or scrawneyest being there...though being Urza would mean that I could manifest my consciousness in whatever form I deem necessary.  *shrug*  Being Urza would be awesome.  much better than being Teffri.

Yes.  Urza Planeswalker.  Im such a magic dork I read most of the books...until Urza blows himself up of course.  after theres no more Urza, there was no more point for me.  The books arent that bad if you can get past the grammatical errors.  most of the time i wouldnt notice since i cant spell anyway.

I still need 4 birds of paradise and 3 explorations...then I'll destroy.  also need psp so i can finally play fftactics against someone.  Ninja/Bard and Ninja/Dancer = lockdown. yeee!

Heh, can't help you on the cards there... Last time i bought Magic cards was back in the days of Exodus decks.

-----

FFTactics = fun ^_^

...Of course, i never get far with the actual game since i'm too focused on kicking out enemy Guilds from 'my' lands. Then something comes up and the game is shelved again until i have time. Which generally takes such a long time i end up deleting my saves and starting over again because i need to relearn my old tactics (which is kind of hard when you're playing Hardcore)

OH no!  you're playing the advanced version.  no tilt and zoom =  :(

The original playstation version is, in my opinion, the best console rpg ever made.  if they had put two player battle into it that game would have been immortalized the day it came out...see what i did there?

Archived