DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Long Lost Friends [AielDiv & AielOrg Meet and Greet]

Essy

Essy twirled his staera within the palm of his hand, staring subtly around the room as he glanced from person to person.  A young maiden caught his eye, as he stared at her bewildered in excitement.  He tried to make small talk, asking here how the dance went; but she only laughed and hand signed her other maidens, and then abruptly laughing hysterically again.

He began to scrape and forcefully drag his staera across his hairy, bronze legs.  Another maiden caught his eye, a young woman named Tess.  He winked at her and laughed, asking her stupid dainty questions like "What tree did you shade under? The beautiful tree!?" He was so comical.

He smiled to himself, and leaned back; drowning himself within the constant chatter of the sweat tent.

Wandering through the waste Barm spies the folk that he had been looking to meet. Quickly jogging over to the group, he see's a tall aielman attempting to flirt with one of the maidens from his own hold, and making a right fool of himself. Chuckling, he wander's over to some of the warriors that he hadn't met before, and starts chatting with them.

Tess hadn’t been in the sweat tent for long. She found a corner that was a little less crowded than the rest of the tent and got herself settled. The sweat tent was busy for this time of day and she saw only a few friends out of the many people she did not recognize. Taking her staera and beginning to scrape away the days hard work and grime, she looked up from her work and happened to catch the eye of a strapping young Aielman across the way.

"What tree did you shade under? The beautiful tree!?" Smirking and rolling her eyes she poked her friend sitting next to her and pointed out the Aiel that was making a fool of himself in the sweat tent. Recalling vaguely that his name she responded ruefully, “I see you Essy.”

The womans voice was as elegant as her soft body, as the sweat slowly dripped off the naked body.  "I see you, Essy." She had said to him.  Oh joy, she knew his name! Essy smiled and blushed, and began to scan around the room again.  A tall aielman, even for an aiel, had entered the tent.  He knew the face, he had seen him over along the Seanchan Hold before.

He nodded in respect to Barm, and smiled obnoxiously to him.  "Shade and water for you, friend! Come, sit and talk!" He prodded at Barm.  He returned his gaze to the maiden, who seemed to be staring at Essys beautiful tanned, muscled, perfect body.  He made his pectorals flex, just like he saw as a kid in the Aiel-Weightlifting-Shows.  He always liked watching the naked men lift weights.

"How does the hunt, Miss Tess? When are you going to lay down the spear and lay a wreath for me? It's been due too long, I say!" He grinned defiantly as he joked with the maiden.  Or was he joking?

Empy saunters over to the group and notices that everyone is nude.  Empy broke out into a sweat as he recalled the feeling of being watched at home when he worked out in the nude. 

"Goodday Mates.  Throw another shrimp on the barbie?"  Empy asks in native Aiel. 

Barm and Tess look sternly at Empy and he knows he is once again in trouble. 

"I'd suggest removing that White Gai'shain, or one of the Maidens will end up doing it for you, and they use knives. They also don't tend to be very gentle."

Sitting down across from Essy, whom appeared to be attaining a bit of an ale gut, Barm stretched out into a comfortable position, revealing how flawless his physique is. Nodding at the gai'shain, he spoke, "Hurry up and get in here fool, before you let all the steam out, and toss some more water on the rocks, also, be sure to have some tea prepared for when the Wise Ones arrive, they won't handle your incompetence with nearly the lenience that Tess and I do."

Watching the Gai'shain, and thinking 'Emperor? What kind of name is that?' he turns to Tess. "Good showing we've got here, where are your sister's in arms?"

Looked at Barm as he was staring at him, and began to wonder why Barm was glancing at a naked man in a tent.  I know I'm good looking, Essy thought, but I think there's a line and Barm just crossed it.  He then proceeded to read Barms mind, because he was a Male Aiel Warrior Wise One.  A rare breed, really.

"Empyyyyy," Essy moaned like a twelve year old, "Barm is making fun of yoooou."  He winked at the two, then leaned across from his bench, whispering sweet nothings into Barms ear; "The name means he's overcompensating for something, friend."  The sheer look of terror drawn across Barms face was enough pleasantries for Essy, as he sank back into his seat.  He then proceeded to, once again, lose himself within the constant conversations throughout the large tent.

Tapping her foot getting very impatient with the gai'shain Empy, Leelou pushes him roughly into the tent so she can enter and meet the other Aiel.

"I see you Tess, Barm and Essy. Sorry it took so long for me to get here, but this gai'shain was blocking the entrance."

Empy looks at Barm and smiles.  "I thought it was the cold that...."  Empy stops as Barm looks at him with anger.  "Right.... its how you use it."

Empy tries to ignore the other naked man moaning his name.  To be honest, this isn't the first time this has happened... but that was college.

Empy is pushed out of the way as another person crams into the tent.  Sheesh... these Aiel all think they are the best.  For some reason they keep thinking he is some kind of servant. 

"How does the hunt, Miss Tess? When are you going to lay down the spear and lay a wreath for me? It's been due too long, I say!"

Tess stuck out her tongue at Essy and grinned. "I will never lay down the spear for you Essy! But maybe Barm might be willing to lay the wreath at your feet." How could he possibly suggest such an absurdity? She lay down the spear for him? He'd have to be nigh god-like for that to happen.

Looking towards the entrance, Tess noticed that Leelou had arrived at the sweat tent finally.

"I see you Tess, Barm and Essy. Sorry it took so long for me to get here, but this gai'shain was blocking the entrance."

"I see you Leelou! That gai'shain does seem a bit uppity eh? Maybe instead of keeping him a year and a day, we'll just hope he trips on a spear somewhere and breaks his neck. How have you been anyway?" Winking at Empy, she wondered if the gai'shain wasn't a bit... "special".

"I see you Leelou! That gai'shain does seem a bit uppity eh? Maybe instead of keeping him a year and a day, we'll just hope he trips on a spear somewhere and breaks his neck. How have you been anyway?"

Laughing at Tess's joke, Leelou says, "I've been fine, it was a bit of a trek here and I hope everyone can find the sweat tent. How have you been?"

Waiting for Tess to answer, Leelou went and poured herself some tea.

• 2 weeks later...

*stumbles in in time to hear barm* ooh me me me *raises hands* can i barm *draws knife out of sheet and sharpens it on a wetstone* pretty please *makes puppy eyes and then watches empy from corner of her eye, flashing a grin before focusing on barm again for an answer*

Loran sprinted hard leaping over rocks as he made his way back to the camp. Sweat ran down his body as he sped past an aiel going the opposite way. He glanced back for a brief second and almost tripped as his foot landed in a shrub. Furious he pushed himself harder determined to get the very dust behind him rising into the air. Finally the lights came into sight and he jumped onto a rock. He stood for a moment looking down on the large camp. He saw several people he had never met before. With a grin he launched himself into the air flipping neatly onto his feet.

He jogged into the camp slowly passing tend by tent. Finally he spotted a sweat tent with familiar faces. He dropped his cat like grace as he stepped boldly into the Tent. "I see you Tess, Barm, Ata." he said with a nod to each of them. He turned his eyes onto the unfamiliar aiel. "I see you." he said again nodding to them. He stripped down revealing veins running along well toned muscle. He looked like an athlete but then again he was one. He settled down on a seat laying his hunting knife down by his side. He met sharp stares with a casually dismissive glance. He didn't like taking chances. It wasn't his fellow aiel he was worried about most of them had more experience than him in battle. He wasn't about to pick a fight. It was rather a precaution against the strange feeling he had as he approached the camp.

He dismissed the thoughts and settled back to listen to the others talk.