DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Sign in to follow this  
JenniferL

Who comes before us as a candidate for Aes Sedai? (Seryanne)

I stand for Seryanne and will speak on her behalf.

I am Pookie Sedai of the Gray Ajah and I am Seryanne's mentor. I am two months shy of my six year anniversary with DM and the White Tower and can honestly say that I have never had a mentee as fantastic as Sery. I was among those who silently pouted when Sery left for New Zealand, fearing that she would be like many other good friends who leave for a time and never get around to coming back. I was overjoyed when she returned and slipped right back into her home here at the White Tower as if she'd never left.

I say I am Sery's mentor, but I must admit at times it's hard to tell which of us is doing the mentoring. If the mentor is supposed to be the person who provides an example for the mentee to follow, then Sery is certainly my mentor. Her enthusiasm and dedication to the White Tower inspire me. Her active participation encourages me to leave the lurking behind. Above all, her friendship reminds me to keep in mind that DM should not be exclusively about maintaining old relationships, but should also include making an effort to be open to new relationships. She has kept me here at times when I would have followed in the footsteps of many of my old crew and drifted away to other aspects of life and she does it without being pushy or demanding, which would only turn me rebel. :) As one who has been informally mentored by Sery, I can say with a certainty that she will make an excellent Aes Sedai and will be a credit to the White Tower and her Ajah.

*hugs Sery*

Yay! *dances around* I love it when I disappear and come back to see everyone's threads posted!

*blows kisses at Kath*

*hugs Sery*

CONGRATS! :D I know how long you've been waiting for this! My records show it's been quite a while! So, the best things come to those who wait, right?

*showers in confetti*

Yay! *dances around* I love it when I disappear and come back to see everyone's threads posted!

*blows kisses at Kath*

*hugs Sery*

CONGRATS! :D I know how long you've been waiting for this! My records show it's been quite a while! So, the best things come to those who wait, right?

*showers in confetti*

Congrats! It'll be quite interesting to see what Ajah you pick! *hands Sery a plate of her extra special chocolate fudge brownies* Wow...I've given out a lot of those today....I love this spatula angreal I have! :)

Guest Seryanne

heehee hee!!

I've been Accepted for two years now, I'm not sure I'm ready to move on just yet!!

I'm just waiting for a couple of people to show up and then whoever guesses correctly gets a kiss and a cookie :D

*hugs everyone who's posted so far, especially Pooks and Northie, who get extra tight hugs*

I've got the best sponsors ever :D

*eagerly awaits, knowing Rai will want to hear after reading the e-mail she sent him earlier in the day*

mmm...pie!!!

*grabs a pie while he waits for the final decision*

Maybe Sery has a trick up her sleeve, and plans to overthrow Mother...that way she can be of all Ajahs, and none...and save having to pick one!!!

mmm...interesting...

In that case, I shall fight beside the Limerick Amyrlin. So long as she swears to create a special rank just for me of my choice.

*coughs* I'm very, very sorry to be quite so late and quite so forgetful. But now I shall be a very nice sponser.

I met Sery, when we were novices together. We were both raised to Accepted at the same time. We had a lot of fun then, back in the dim and distant past. Sadly, Sery went travelling and there was a time when I didn't believe she'd be coming to back to DM.But she has and since then she has been active and a fantastic member of this community and a good friend. She's done so well since she's come back fitting in with the community again and make an amazing contribution. She'll make an amazing Aes Sedai. So raise her :p (And let us find out what ajah she has has picked ;))

Didn't she have her sponsors speak earlier, though? I thought Northie and Pookie were her sponsors, since they said the stuff like that. Was one of them a pseudosponsor?

Curse you, Pseudosponsors!

Maybe it is all part of Sery's plan...going against the system...

*Shrugs* I had four official sponsors, so it's not like she's being a rebel.

I still have a feeling she'll choose Gray.

*Waits*

Guest Seryanne

I suppose it's really about time for me to do this :D

Thank you so much to everyone who has dropped by the thread and gotten pie crumbs everywhere. My wonderful sponsors, Nia and Northie, who were some of my very first friends here on dragonmount and the fantastic Pookie, the best mentor ever, who took time out from being a very busy pregnant mommy to say very nice things about me! Thanks to all three of you... I even cried a little bit when I read the sweet things you said.

I know I'm not the most active member of DM, and have been inactive for far more time that I was ever active, but I still love it here, and was so glad when I came back after my extra-long LOA to be welcomed right back into the fold, especially when I saw that my co-conspiritors of the time had become Sitters and ORG leaders and all manner of fancy importantisms! Shiny! Once I'd settled in properly, I knew it was time to choose my Ajah. I've been sure about this for quite a while... in fact, I've been ready for Raising since 2004, and so far there is only one person outside of that Ajah who knows Which one I've chosen! :)

I'd spent a good while flitting from Ajah to Ajah, seeing what all of you guys are about, and came very close to declaring for different Ajahs on different occasions. I was very drawn to both the Browns and the Whites, and almost declared for the Reds at another time. But there was one Ajah where I've always felt welcome, and it's the Ajah I'd originally told Taya I was interested in when I emailed her about joining the White Tower in the first place. It might not be the biggest or the most active Ajah, but I'll be glad to call it home, and base myself there for lots and lots of ajah visits! Now, I think I'm going to take a deep breath and swear those Oaths! It's been a long time coming :D

*stands straight and brushes the confetti from her hair, the pie crumbs from her pretty dress and the tears from her cheeks*

· 1. I swear to respect all members of the WT Community, despite any differences we might have in background or opinion. As Aes Sedai are sisters, this Org is my online family and I will treat them as such.

· 2. I swear to always remain a member of this Community at heart, even if life might take me away from it for a time, and always strive to return to it. Once an Aes Sedai, always an Aes Sedai.

· 3. I swear to be a true and faithful member of the Grey Ajah and to uphold the dignity and ideals of my Ajah. I am a true member of the Grey Ajah.

*gives Zachary and Dwynwyn kisses and cookies for getting it right*

*gives cookies and kisses to everyone else too*

YAY! Its almost official now! :) *hands her another plate of brownies and rushes off to tell Rai what Ajah was chosen*

I'll have you all know that I was the first one that said it. Yup.

Wait a second... Pookie is a she? Ok...

*forgets her Sisterly composure and jumps up and down - A LOT*

YAY!!!!!!

I'm so excited and happy to have you as a sister I just can't stand it! I'm even tearing up a little. *hugs* I'm so Very glad you chose us. We're going to have a wonderful time together.

*grinz*

Sign in to follow this