DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Salutations!

Blaze

Hello.

My name is Brendan, but you may call me Blaze.  I am 22, and live in MA taking some time off from college before getting that degree...I really don't know what else to put here so if there are questions, I will respond to them.

I think I received The Eye of the World when I was about 15 (or somewhere around there as a birthday present or something like that).  At the time I was fully enthralled with the Dragon Lance chronicles and the numerous other books that followed that wonderful series. (Highly recommended if you haven’t already discovered the magic of the duo of Weis and Hickman) So engulfed in that world and those characters was I, that The Eye of the World found a spot on my book shelf; it was as quickly forgotten as it had been attained.

Now, about 7 or 8 years later, I found myself going through that dusty old book shelf and pulled out the magical creation of Mr. Jordan.  I am still only in the beginning of it, but I haven't felt so excited about a fantasy saga since reading Tolkin way back when (somewhere around 5th grade I think).  Needless to say I have a long journey ahead of my, but already the world feels so deep and enriched.

So I hope you will all helpfully guide my travels through the WoT books, because I will no doubt have questions and comments as I progress (the glossaries only can do so much...).

I look forward to chatting and meeting al lot of you in the near future and feel free to leave advice, comments or questions. And again…Howdy!!

Greetings and Salutations Earthing, I see you have been named after me.

If you have no problems with spoilers, peruse the General WoT discussion as you will. However, if you do, you might carefully tread the Structured discussion, if you want to, and avoid the General WoT discussion entirely.

Heya Blaze or if you just wanna hang out with the rest of us crazies that are addicted to the WoT series come visit the org side no danger of running into spoilers there usually. I recommend either the wolfkin or the band. The wolfkin is my org and it is dedicated to nature though we do a whole lot of other stuff their as well. the band is the music and travel org so if you like to do that stop by just a short hop down from this one so we hope to see you around.

Goldeneyes05

Hello Blaze! :)

How are you doing honey? I hope that you enjoying things...

I hope that you enjoy  your time here. If you need any help with anything please feel free to PM me. If you would like to have a fun time while enjoying learning bits and pieces about Aiel People and Culture you should come by the Aiel (Org)! Our Org Leader, Society Leaders and Head Wise Ones are always around to offer assistance as are all our other members! :)

Click the picture below to come and visit the Aiel of Dragonmount!

Aiel.jpg

More comercial *grins* but first welcome to Dragonmount

if you again dont mind a few spoilers here and there, and some confusion posible, then come down and visit us in the Rolleplay, we have a lot of fun playing in that wonderfull world

why confusion, well we try to keep to the books but we differ on some points from the storyline...but yeah come and check us out for some fun

now to orgs...the lovely Aleita already mentioned the aiel, we have msn chats fairly often as well with lots of fun crazyness

then there is the warders within the wt org, lots of fun here to, and we got Bob

the illuminators great if you got any creative hobby...got something for every line of creativety, be it writing, kniting, painting, digital art, cooking..etc etc

and SG org lots of random fun

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

You have made a good choice in joining DM...your life will never be the same again!

Now, DM has a lot to offer, whether it is discussing the books or current events, making your character and descending into the world of WoT, or just making friends and having a good time! Make sure you check out the Band of the Red Hand ORG, DM's very own music and travel ORG. We review albums and gigs, as well as various locations around the world, and will shortly be venturing into reviewing restaurants. The Band has a lot of fun, and you will definitely make friends quickly! Tempted? If 'yes', come by our boards and we'll give you a welcome like no other!

But whatever you do at DM, have fun! :)

Thanks everyone.  Wow so many options and opportunities here.  Well I am 200+ pages into the EotW now and am loving it, I haven't had too much of a chance to look around yet as the book is quite enthralling and taking up most of my down time, but when I do get a chance to look around and make posts and everything I'm sure we will have a lot of fun.  Keep the welcomes coming and if you have questions about me just ask.

Robert Jordan FTW!!!

hey whats up blaze. i totally feel u man, i read tolkin when i was younger and after that i was lost my older brother got me in to drgonglance and i fell in love, than he alwasy tried getting me to rad wot an di never could get into it but curently i am deployed in iraq and have read halfway and it like crack..

yup, pretty much the same story here happyhands.  Stay safe over there, what is your possition??

Faelene, I was a computer engineering major at Notre Dame, and took some time off after deciding that D1 lacrosse was way to hecktic with an engineering major.  I am planning on going back, but might take a semester in boston close to home to get back into it.  South Bend is about 1000 miles from my home town.  But I think that I will stick with the engineering, but might switch to a different type, dunno really yet.  Only time will tell, as the Wheel turns....

I don't have too much down time for reading, pretty much on the train, and before bed, but I started reading tEotW only a few day ago and am hooked...finally :)  I'm about 1/3 of the way through and love it.  I've got GH and DR on deck ready to go when i'm done.  I don't think i'll have too much trouble getting caught up for the release of AMoL...

Hiya Blaze... welcome to the madness... you can check out but you can NEVER leave! hehe

Not too many orgs that will make sense yet if you are just on the first book but feel free to check them out as most don't exactly follow their book  counterparts anyways.  I recommend the Aiel, White Tower, and the Wolfkin myself...

Barm.. I believe he had the name first as he is older. ;) Nice try though!

hahaha.....and i'm pretty sure St. Brendan was named 1500 years ago with my coming in mind, so that he would have the same name as me, the great.  Yea it's all in the hall or the record of earth somewhere around here....i can find it if you need proof Bram....

Almost done with tEotW!!!! (bout 100 pages left) Love it and i have tGH ready.....when should I read New Spring, and is someone going to write the other 2 prequils???

Yeah, it's a referrence to when Moiraine met Lan, right? Umm... wasn't there another book like that as well? I've noticed some talk about it around here, but the title eludes me again. Something with Shadow...?

But anyway, from one newbie to the other... Welcome Blaze ^_^

...almost done with it.  On chapter 42 with about 100+ pages to go.  I guess from my research the concensious is to wait until after tGH to read the prequil, so i think i'll do that.  I also thought i came across something about there being a prequil trilogy??? Anyone know anything about this???

Jehaine thanks for the welcome, and I hope to see you around the boards often.  I'm not sure if you are thinking of The Shadow Rising, which is the 4th book in the series, but let me know...

Wasn't The Shadow Rising, i know that much...

I really don't know where on this forum i read about that, i was browsing for info and general impressions too much back then to actually pay much attention. o.O

First time hearing about a trilogy too...

Edit: Meh, can't find the actual post anymore, and the longer i look at it the more i'm starting to think it's actually Shadow Rising, so write it off as a mistake of mine, at least until i can prove otherwise ^^;

Ok so I couldn't stop reading the EotW, and I loved it!!!  So great, as I'm sure you all know.  I had tGH on deck for when I finished it, so i am now almost half way done with the second book.  It's still overwhelming how many more there are tho.  But I guess I should be happy i have so many more to enjoy.

Think I should jump off after this book and read the prequil, or wait til after KoD???

The prequal was written between CoT and KoD, so if anything, thats the time to read it. Its nice to not read the prequal until later in the series though, as it does give a lot of insight on Moiraine and Lan and kinda kills the air of mystery that they have around them early on. However, you can read it at any point you choose.

Archived