DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello!

Dashara

Guest Dashara

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.  I've been a reader of the Wheel of Time series for a very long time and was really upset that the author has passed away.  So I wanted to join the community here and show my support for the family and fans of Robert Jordan.  He will be sadly missed.  I read the first book (The Eye of the World) about 14 years ago and have stayed with the series since then, re-reading the series once a year.  I imagine it's going to be very hard to read the last book and I hope the new author remains faithful to Robert Jordan's vision.  Does anyone know if the other two prequels will be written as well?  I also like to write, draw and paint, and if I can get my scanner to work properly, I'd like to share some of the portraits I've drawn over the years. 

Hugs to you all,

Dashara

P.S.  I'm about to re-read the series again (starting with New Spring) and was wondering if anyone else is about to re-read or currently re-reading the series?

Hello and welcome Dashara, slow time of night right now :-).

I love writing to, that's how I got into roleplaying! If you enjoy roleplaying, check that section of the boards out (and the Aiel! We're under new leadership, and seeking new warriors!) It seems you like the books quite a bit, so the Structured WoT and General WoT talk might interest you.

If you art is your fancy, check out the Illuminators Org! I know it's all a bit overwhelming at first, but you'll get into the hang of things :).

Enjoy your stay, and no matter what you choose to do; have fun!

Guest Dashara

Hi Essy,

Thanks for the welcome!  I've never tried roleplaying, but I will check out the sections you mentioned.  Thanks for the tips. 

Have a good night!

Hi Essy,

Thanks for the welcome!  I've never tried roleplaying, but I will check out the sections you mentioned.  Thanks for the tips. 

Have a good night!

Oh I'm still up for several hours.  Just got surgery, so now I sit at home watching movies and browsing boards for a couple more days. 

An exciting life.  If you need any help with getting started with roleplay, add me to MSN! I'm more than willing to talk to someone, as I'm quite bored at this current time :(.

essy[at]essygaming.com

Later!

Guest Dashara

Surgery, huh? Hope you are getting lots of rest and feeling better soon.  My computer is running really slow now for some reason, but I will add you to my MSN as soon as I get the chance.  I think it is updating something in the background.  If I knew anything about computers I'd figure out how to turn all these auto-updates off. 

Lately I've been having bouts of insomnia, this week I haven't gotten much sleep, and so I'm just surfing this website and hoping to feel sleepy soon.. it isn't working though, this place is way too interesting.  Maybe it will not help for insomnia haha. 

Surgery, huh? Hope you are getting lots of rest and feeling better soon.  My computer is running really slow now for some reason, but I will add you to my MSN as soon as I get the chance.  I think it is updating something in the background.  If I knew anything about computers I'd figure out how to turn all these auto-updates off. 

Lately I've been having bouts of insomnia, this week I haven't gotten much sleep, and so I'm just surfing this website and hoping to feel sleepy soon.. it isn't working though, this place is way too interesting.  Maybe it will not help for insomnia haha. 

This place CAUSED my initial insomnia.  Seeking to get rid of your insomnia will not work here, I assure you! Especially if you get into roleplaying lol.

Guest Dashara

Yeah, maybe that won't be good for me lol.  Although I don't think I could possibly be any more insomniac this week.  I should go make some cammomile tea.. sometimes it helps.  I've only looked at the Tribute and General sections so far, so I'm still surfing my way over to the other sections.

welcome, here is some info on RP http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,20030.0.html

its quite interesting to play in the world he created

as for more books written, i belive RJ had said that book 12 would be the last wot book he did even if you needed a chartwheel to move it, and that he had a contract for a new serie to start after wot...so likely book 12 is the last that will ever come, as is he has left extensive notes and recordings about it, so there should be enough material to take from (and as always i belive harriet is to proof read)

at least by what i read that is what i understood.

as for drawing, check up the artist guild in the illuminators, they also have a scribes guild for writers where they among other is working on a world building project

Welcome Dashara! I also love writing, but I usually do that off this site. Though others like the illuminators guild. Come by and visit or join the White Tower org. Its great fun chatting and moving up in rank. Not for a time when your trying to get sleep though. I hope that gets better for you! *hugs*

A lot of people in the White Tower org also RP. So come by when you can. Oh and stop by the Green Ajah while your there.  ;)

Guest Dashara

Ata and Narina,

Thanks for the nice welcome!  I will visit those places soon.  Still wandering around a bit aimlessly lol.  I love this place.  Lots to read.

Welcome to DM!

Now here is a huge tip from Corki - forget all other places DM has to offer except The Band of the Red Hand ORG. Why? Because it is the greatest, most fun-packed place at DM! We are DM's very own music and travel ORG, reviewing all kinds of albums and gigs, discussing places to visit across the world, and starting soon, making each others' mouths drool as we review restaurants! So come by our boards, and we'll make you very welcomed and help you through learning about all aspects of the ORG.

But whatever you do here, have fun! :)

*chases corki away with his hammer*

lol corki nice try. The band is fun but they are a little insane if you know what i mean. I run the wolfkin org they are pretty good. I won't claim us to be the best place at dm cause that seems boastful but i will call us one pretty cool spot. Drop by if you get the chance we are officially dedicated to nature (hiking biking and just enjoying the outdoors) but we do a bunch of other stuff too hope to see you around

Goldeneyes05

Hello Dashara,

I've already seen you around quite a bit... how are you settling in? I hope that you enjoy  your time here. If you need any help with anything please feel free to PM me. If you would like to have a fun time while enjoying learning bits and pieces about Aiel People and Culture you should come by the Aiel (Org)! Our Org Leader, Society Leaders and Head Wise Ones are always around to offer assistance as are all our other members! :)

Click the picture below to come and visit the Aiel of Dragonmount!

Aiel.jpg

Guest Dashara

Thanks for the suggestions!  I wish I had more time to read all these forums, but work has swamped me the last few weeks.  I'll join one soon.  Thanks again.  :)

Archived