DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Enchanted Glen - Pick Up

Liitha

Aslan was walking through the farm, not much had changed, yet it didnt feel like the place he left. He had reported from the citadel, and delivered more reports in papers. Now he needed food, but he longed back to his own place, the quietness and peace of the nature. Before dinner though he had to find a couple lads, someone he was going to take with him  back. As was people had all sorts of background coming to the Black Tower, and not all would survive on their own if left in the wilderness alone. He had had to learn the hard way living constantly on the road and on the run before  being picked up.

He asked some intiates and got some directions, heading for the training ground he kept his eyes up for the boys he had goten described. He ment to take them with him to the inn, he wanted company for dinner, and hoped to get to hear their expectations, before taking them out into no where. The sun was shining in his eyes and he had to bend his head a moment, he was nearing the training ground, and he knew saidin was  being used. To the left a class was being instructed, old memories flashed through his mind. It had been a frustrating time, back when he had to learn many things twice, because the memories didnt exchange. Then he saw them, and headed in straigth line towards the corner they where in.

Ikki leaned against a wall, watching the Soldiers and Dedicated train, rather freightened at what was happening. More freightened that he would be doing that in a short matter of time. He adjusted his thin-framed glasses and croutched. He could embrace the Source at will now, but he found much difficulty with actually making anything. He was told he showed a decent amount of strength, in any case. He wasn't too sure about it, in any case. Not that he was time to worry it right now. He has to worry about the man he was having a meal with sometime today with another student or two. He wasn't really sure what he was, maybe an Asha'man that lived in the middle of nowhere. He would be sure to take notes. Might be important for his book on the Black Tower. His very on-going book.

He looked and saw a man coming towards him. That must be the guy. He stood back up and adjusted his glasses again, moved his long bangs away from his eyes, and pulled his ponytail from out of his collar. He held his hand out and introduced himself. "Good day, sir. They call me Ikki."

Ikkiliad sur Paendrag

Soldier of the Black Tower

Aslan tilted his head in recognation of the name, he took the hand offered. "Aslan, sometimes Jakar." Better have them warned, it was hardly as it was any secret the way Jakar had pradled around when he took over in the intiate time. "So where is the other one, you know him?" He looked around, wanting to be out of the training ground, to much noise and distractions, he had easily adapted to the loner life, only serving with the Band, and having mostly normal non channelers around him.

"Aslan and Jakar? Interesting, to say the least." Sereth said, as he approached the men. He wore his black coat, with its single silver sword pin proudly, a wide grin on his face. "I'm Sereth," His head turned, sharing that grin evenly with both, "I'm happy to meet you both, Aslan and Ikki." Sereth turned, looking over the practice fields. So much power being drawn up, formed into a stone dummy, and destroyed. He bit back his sigh at the demonstration of destruction, even though his own skills were said to be quite promising. It was never something he took pride in, choosing instead to focus on the joy of the power as a whole...

"I understand you are to be treating us to dinner today? Wonderful, since I've been teaching, I haven't had to much time to go to the inn and grab a bite to eat." He sensed the man's uneasiness, and so he had decided to rush things a bit. Most would simply write it down as a classic example of Sereth's normal rash behavior, and the Dedicated was glad for it.

Aslan smiled "Jakar dont show as often anymore, but I guess there is no reason to hide his excistant, he has a rather other personality, less patience, you will know if he comes around." He turned to go back down towards the houses, "lets get some dinner, its been some while since i wasnt involved in making what i ate." he smiled, "food made by other always taste well."

He set straigth path to the inn, and let the boys order first before asking for a steak himself, and a botle of wine to share between them. "So tell me about yourself"

• 2 weeks later...

Sereth arrived in a mannerly time, introduced himself, and then the odd trio were off to the inn. Ikki ordered the lamb with mint, one of his favorites. Aslan ordered his dinner, and then a bottle of wine for himself and Sereth. Ikki poured himself a half-glass of good red wine to start.

"So tell me about yourself." Aslan said to the two.

Ikki pondered for a minute, noticed Sereth wasn't responding, so Ikki took initiative. "Well, my full name is Ikkiliad sur Paendrag, but please call me Ikki. I am from Mayene. I trained as a historian since I was a sickly child. I came to the Black Tower to record events accurately for the good of future generations. Just recently, they tested me, and I was found to be able to learn to channel. So, here I am. Black coat and all."

He looked at Sereth, then back to Aslan. Nothing. The food came shortly after, which gave him something to occupy himself with. "I hate ackward silences." he thought to himself.

Ikkiliad sur Paendrag

Nerdy

Aslan ate thougthfully as he listened to their histories, then contemplating how much to reveal about himself. Curiosity overcome causiousness.

"It is interesting that you are from Mayene" he said directed at Ikki, "what are the news from home?" He listened with interest to what he was told, while finishing his meal.

Waiting for the initiates to finish their food as well, and sipping his wine, then nodding, "shall we get going then?". He rose after geting confirmative answers and lead the way towards the travel grounds, they had to wait a moment as a couple other groups where going out, he figured the likelyhood was it was recruiting crews.

As it was their turn he wove the weave with experience now after time of practise, the gate opened to a corner of his glen that he had set of to making gate ways, thus reducing the signs of destruction they caused. He steped through and looked around, all looked normal, he waited till the other two was through before relasing the gate. "Well welcome to my humble home."

ooc figured time to move on ;)

"What are the news from home?"

"I'm not sure, exactly. I have not been home in almost two years."

Aslan nodded. Ikki finished his lamb with mint. It wasn't very good lamb. Closer to mutton. He almost had to choke it down. He drowned the taste with wine and moved on. Aslan noted it was time to go, so Ikki got up and followed off to the Travel Grounds. Once there, a Gateway opened wide. Ikki had seen them made countless times, but had never actually been through one. He had no idea what to expect, so he went through very carefully after Aslan. Sereth followed him, so he was stuck. He took a deep breath and stepped through. Nothing. It felt no different. Interesting. He quickly pulled out a pad of paper and scribbled a note on gateways before looking around his surroundings.

"Well welcome to my humble home."

Ikkiliad sur Paendrag

Still nerdy

• 1 month later...

Aslan stoped by a birch tree that had started to grow up this summer, the plant was still tiny but he had strengthened it with a stick made out of some of the exess branches from his building, his hands went experiently around picking away weeds that was sprouting, left alone they would soon outgrow the tree and kill it. Instead he caried it to a squarish stone he had by the stairs and added it in a bundle with others to dry, they would make good help starting fires. "Why dont you guys put your things up on the hems, and then come join me behind the hut, one of the things I picked up in the tower was seed's and the quicker they are in the earth, the faster they may grow."

He walked around to the back and opened the shoulder bag he was carying, pulling out several bags of seeds. He soon heard footsteps and turned picking up two bags, handing one to each. "These two are Rosemary and Thyme, neither bag really contains seeds, which is why its important to get them into the earth before they dry out, because both planst spreads by cuttings." He took up yet another bag and walked over to a stonebed inside the fence by the huts backwall, "While Hyssop is planted from seeds, now in this bed i have a dryer type of earth, while in the one over there, has a less dry type of earth, all are placed on stones as these plants do not like overly much water." He smiled at the two younger men, he remebered a time where he would stay clear of anything healing related.

Siting back on his hunches after planting a cluster of seeds in a circle made with his finger, and then dug lightly over again. "What these plants further all have togheter is that a shared use is for breathing related issues, though they do have many other types of uses as well, mayhaps you have heard of some?" He let them have time to discuss before answering. When they had finished, he walked over to some berry bushes in a corner, "These are rasberry and blackberry, good for jam" he smiled, "but their leaves is purifying on blood, now one may not always have these on hands, but birch leaves, Stinging Nettle..who by the way also be used to help reproduce blood, and in general make a fine tea for drinking, or as an addition in your bakery..and Rowan berries, is but some of quite normal wild living plants that in one way or another can be harvested and treated to help with purifying blood"

He spread his hand out, "I keep a few samples of quite a few plants despite the humble size of this garden, what would be usefull is to know which you do know from before and which uses you know for them, and which plants you do not have any knowledge of at all"

Ikki was very intrigued. His field of study had always been history, but it seemed that his scientific instincts kicked in for anything as of late. This time in particular, it kicked in quite strongly. As soon as Aslan began talking, his notebook was out and his charcoal was flying. He observed the rosemary and the thyme in the bag, and made sketches of the herbs. “Note to self: Thyme and rosemary are spread by cuttings, while Hyssop is from seeds.”

"I keep a few samples of quite a few plants despite the humble size of this garden, what would be useful is to know which you do know from before and which uses you know for them, and which plants you do not have any knowledge of at all"

“Sorry, but I know little of plants. I spent much of my years indoors. But I’m very eager to learn.” Ikki continued scribbling notes and hastily making sketches Suddenly, a thought hit him. “Aslan, if one was to channel Earth into the ground, would one be able to enhance the growth of a plant? And if so, would it work better if you were particularly strong in Earth?”

Ikkiliad sur Paendrag

Nerdier than before

Alsan smiled, "I am afraid its a litle more complex then that, nature and life is quite complex I learned when I got over my own aversion to learning, and well found how fasinating it can be." He opened himself to the power, grasping no less the 4 of the different elements. "Plants grow of earth, they are alive and spirit is the mending force for that part of things, they also need heat, and water."

Aslan strugled some with remembering the weave, he had other methods to achive his aims, he then made a small web of the treads, sinking them in and around a small straw. "It wont grow to a big tree in front of your eyes, but aid the process, well that is with more strength who know." He smiled, "but generaly I dont use this, and because it takes so many treads its both straining, and most will have some type of elemental weakness come in their way."

Aslan looked to the skies, "How about we go inside, I have a hurt fawn, you can help me with it and practise some. That and I think the plants need some rain, so unless we want to get wet.." Air and water went into complex patern bound by spirit, Aslan sent the weave out in strength and sorounding white dothed skies started gathering over the glen. Then small droplets started falling and sprinkling down, Aslan rose and grabed the rest of the bags heading around the cabin to get inside before the rain started for true.

• 2 weeks later...

Ikki stared in amazement at the complex weave Aslan made. It used everything but Air. He had expected mostly Earth and a bit of Water, but it made sense to use Spirit and Fire. He made some quick notes in his notebook, and went back to observing.

Aslan suggested they go inside to tend to a fawn. He also mentioned something about rain. "There's not a cloud in the sky! What's this abou...." He never finished his sentence. He was too busy watching the complex weave that Aslan sent into the sky. It was like a fishing new trying to catch the sky. The clouds rolled over and darkened, and Ikki could feel little droplets on his head. he followed Aslan inside the humble house. "That was amazing! Are you a Cloud Dancer?" he asked once inside.

Ikkiliad sur Paendrag

Aslan turned on the spot surpriced, "what did you say?" Few knew any of talents, though he had found out some things, yet it was a surprice to hear someone say the name that it had taken him so long to find out on his skills. Of course he knew the leadership knew, and Arath who had been the one who had discovered his secret before he even knew what it was.

He shook his head calming down and looked outside making sure the weaving was stoped, he didnt want consequenses to spread, and the bigger the weave the more it seemed to affect things outside things. He shut the door and went to sit down with a sigh, "Yes I'm a Cloud Dancer, my strengths lays in the female elements, and for all that I was mostly interested in my new discoveries and not medicine even at first.." he smiled ruefully, "somewhere along the path I figured it all conects and my interest perked up. Most of what I know is by experimenting and self discoveries, partly based on a journal found though, yet I got a feeling there is so much more I do not know at all." The fawn was sleeping and he figured it was best to have this talk now, they could always wake it and check it when it was all over with.

• 2 weeks later...

He was right. Aslan was a Cloud Dancer. He had read something about it in a book long ago. He couldn't remember what the rest of the book was about, possibly someone's journal. The only other thing he remebered about it was possibly something to do with Sea Folk, but he wsn't sure. This man certainly didn't look like one of the Atha'an Miere. Maybe he was imagining that part.

"How does medicine correlate with Cloud Dancing? Weather shouldn't have any connection with medicine and healing." He was rather confused. This had him rather stumped.

Ikkiliad sur Paendrag

Aslan smiled and picked down some herbs from shelves as he thougth of how to frame the answer, "it dont per say, other then using the same elements so to speak". He put down the herbs on the table, "Healing relly mostly on spirit in combination with the female elements, and most the weather weaves I have explored or figured out so far demand a lot of water and air." He grabed a sheet and a stone bowl, starting to rip the sheet up in strimles, "so a cloud dancer should by that logic be good in healing, well that is if my finds about my talent reflect it proper like, for all i know there may be more to it that can be done with stronger weaves in male elements, if so then I likely will never find it out as they are my weak elements."

He reached a pitcher and driped water in the bowl, then shoved it over the table to Ikki, "we can prepare a salve while talking, take a pick in herbs, the fawn was to weak to rescive much healing, so I'm treating the infected wounds the old fassion way" Some of the herbs they had talked about in the garden, other should be well known if you had any work in the infarmary, and other yet he expected he migth be asked about, all in all they where all alternatives to eachother, and two or three should be enough to make a good cure to dip the strips in.

• 3 weeks later...

Water and air. Water, air and spirit. They were similar. It made perfect sense, but not everyone strong in those three were good at Healing. The Aes Sedai always said it was a Talent and the Yellow Ajah harvested it. Must be the most common Talent.

"Maybe try using just a tiny bit of Fire. The lightning weave uses fire and air, and lightning is part of weather."

Ikki started to mix some of the herbs on the table into the bowl that Aslan handed him. Many of these herbs were already growing in the garden. He stopped and listened to the sounds of the rain. The rain had always comforted him back when he was unable to walk. Even after he could walk, he enjoyed the rain.  It was soothing. Ikki held up a very large leav od something. "Should I use this?"

Aslan looked at the long semicircular leave, "that there is Lady's Mantle, its generaly used for fertility, but you could be rigth in using it here as well." he smiled, "while its most comenly known to be used by females, it can also help with weakness, fevers, spasm, muscles pain and such."

"And yes fire and even earth can be used in combination, but strength wise it seems that the control itself rely on much use of the female elements, in fact for ligthening you can always brew up a natural storm and cause ligthing from the clouds themself, I am unsure how this work, but I know it do, the princip is forcing the clouds togheter to create friction or something I guess."

ooc got no idea what you need for an aproval of a herb class, but figured would go for healing the deer as a "test type" thingy and then i guess from there just ask the staff as i havent really seen any description of classes as such

OOC: Alright, we'll bandage up the deer and call it good, then.

IC:

Ikki added the last few herbs to the mix and started to run the strips of cloth through it. It was almost thick. Like a runny paste. He held the cloth out in front of him and walked towars the fawn. "So just put it on the wounds?"

Aslan nodded, "As long as they seem clean under the old bandages, if not we will need to get some water and fix that." He smiled and looked out the window, hardly any trouble even if he hadnt had a pitcher beside the stove.

• 1 month later...

Ikki slowly and delicately pulled the old bandages off the fawn and examined the wounds. They appeared clean enough. He looked to Aslan and he nodded. He took the new bandages and wrapped them on. He tied them and stroked the fawn's head. "It'll be alright, little guy."

Ikki

OOC: Anything else left, or are we done?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...