DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HEEEEJ!!!!

erikiwi

Hey erik, there are quite a few ppl around here from Sweden, one just signed up like 2 or 3 days ago.

I don't know if you'll find much for your essay on here, but it's a lot of fun.

Welcome, and if you're interested in having even more fun, check out the Band of the Red Hand orginization.

Hey erik' date=' there are quite a few ppl around here from Sweden, one just signed up like 2 or 3 days ago.

I don't know if you'll find much for your essay on here, but it's a lot of fun.

Welcome, and if you're interested in having even more fun, check out the Band of the Red Hand orginization.[/quote']

haha, thanks.

oh well, but at least i'm one step closer to a finished essay than before! i kinda started "working" today... :oops:

well, i changed the subject anyway, after discussing this with my cousin, who also reads robert jordan with delight, and together we concluded that it is easier to write about fantasy and why a writer chooses to write fantasy instead of fiction.

Guest Egwene

Hi Erik!!

... easy answer.... because it is more fun :D

Have a look at RJ's Blog entries. I think on some of the older ones he talks about writing in general. Maybe something there to help with your essay. I also saw some interviews with him on wotmania.com again about writing. That too might be worth checking out.

You could start a new topic on the debates board about why people write fantasy instead of fiction. There are quite a few aspiring writers posting in this forum and if you are lucky, you might get opinions from an RJ's of the future!! In fact if you check out various boards and profiles, you could PM these guys and ask your question directly.

And for no other reason than to be nice to me :wink: leave your vote on this thread

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=85&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

TAK (hope I spelled that right)

Hi Erik!!

... easy answer.... because it is more fun :D

Have a look at RJ's Blog entries. I think on some of the older ones he talks about writing in general. Maybe something there to help with your essay. I also saw some interviews with him on wotmania.com again about writing. That too might be worth checking out.

You could start a new topic on the debates board about why people write fantasy instead of fiction. There are quite a few aspiring writers posting in this forum and if you are lucky' date=' you might get opinions from an RJ's of the future!! In fact if you check out various boards and profiles, you could PM these guys and ask your question directly.

And for no other reason than to be nice to me :wink: leave your vote on this thread

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=85&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

TAK (hope I spelled that right)[/quote']

thank you!!! although... i'm not entirely sure this is the right issue just yet... ut really depends on what i find. i think it's an interesting subject, open to both the writers subjective oppinions and objective philosophies. but, it might be easier to carry out an essay of gender roles in fantasy, stereotypes in fantasy and of course, good vs. evil in fantasy...

arrrgh.... what a headache....

Archived