DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cover Art

Guest leebarr

I did notice what I think is a mistake on the cover of book 11 Knife of Dreams. The Aiel on the left hand side of Perrin is wearing a sword. And who ever painted it didn't give Perrin the golden eyes the look brown to me.

It's not a sword, it's the big knife all Aiel are carrying, just poorly painted.

Personally, I think the earliest ones were the best done.  Thanks to the structured discussion forum, I can't even look at Lord of Chaos anymore without thinking of Fabio and then shuddering.  I don't think any of books have very good depictions of the characters.

The covers are pretty terrible, for the most part. The Great Hunt and The Shadow Rising are pretty poor. The Path of Daggers is reasonably good, but the cover for Knife of Dreams is so eye-splittingly terrible that it's unbelievable. The rest are pretty "Meh". Darrell K. Sweet really dropped the ball with these covers. I'm glad that they changed the UK ones over to the new symbols, but I'm even more glad they kept the spine designs the same (so the change-over doesn't look too noticeable on the shelf).

For a series that's sold so many copies and is so popular, I've never understood why there's such little official artwork around for WoT (plenty of fan art, obviously). Compared to what's out there for Song of Ice and Fire or Lord of the Rings, it's a pretty woeful state of affairs.

Archived