DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Prophecies

dreago

Okay, we know that Ishy corrupted the Seanchan prophecies, but I want to know is how much did he change them? With them mentioning Perrin(the whole wolf-king thing), seems like there is at least a little truth left there , which makes me wander what else the Seanchan have/had that Randland does not. So far, I believe, no one except the Seanchan have mentioned prophecies concerning Perrin, and only Noal mentioned one concerning Mat. So, as I said before, any theories as to how badly the Seanchan prophecies are corrupted?

While there as been no pov to prove what I am about to say, I think it is true none the less!!

Masema is working with the Seanchan to try to close the prophecy of Rand kneeling to the crystal throne,and that would be way more than a minor issue.  Although, the slime ball Perrin probaly has put a stop to that.

Although, the slime ball Perrin probaly has put a stop to that.

The guy does good and he's a smile ball? Is it opposite day or something? ???

Well hello again, I am sure I do not want to get into another Perrin discusion with you!! :)  We can just say, you like Perrin and I do not.

Okay, we know that Ishy corrupted the Seanchan prophecies, but I want to know is how much did he change them? With them mentioning Perrin(the whole wolf-king thing), seems like there is at least a little truth left there , which makes me wander what else the Seanchan have/had that Randland does not. So far, I believe, no one except the Seanchan have mentioned prophecies concerning Perrin, and only Noal mentioned one concerning Mat. So, as I said before, any theories as to how badly the Seanchan prophecies are corrupted?

I'm pretty sure there must be at least some from the main continent that mention Perrin.  I can't remember which one, but an Aes Sedai asks Perrin when he is going to give up the axe for the hammer.  The way she brought it up.  It wasn't a simple casual question and made me think it must have been Prophesy related.

It was indeed Verin who asked it.  Ishy also seems to know, as he asked a similar question of Perrin at some point. 

Verin is , to my mind, the #1 prophecy expert in all of randland, excepting maybe only Ishy.  She figured out that the dragon had been reborn and that Moraine and Suian were hiding him, she puzzled out the "five ride forth," prophecy, she was the first indicator of Perrin the Wolf King, and she seems to know something about the final days before TG judging from her actions. 

Since Verin seems to be convinced of their authenticity, I think that the randland prophecies are largely intact, and Ishy only succeeded in twisting the Seanchan prophecies due to his inordinate influence on artur hawkwing, and thereby his decsendants.  What I find interesting is that in a world where the seanchan can apparently order up prophecies upon command, how long will the false prophecies hold up?

Not to go off on a tangent, but I have always felt that the whole kneeling was added by one of the Seanchan Emporers/Emporesses to stoke their own ego.

Ishy, corrupted their prophecy, to say that in order for The Dragon to win the last battle he must kneel to crystal throne.  This would be the reason Masema had been meeting with Suroth.  Not in those exact words of course, but it is a way for ishy to cause problems for Rand. 

Remember, Ishy was never fully traped, and for 3000 years he has been playing his games.

In TPOD, Captain-General Kennar Miraj thinks about the prophecies in randland being corrupted, because they don't mention the Dragon reborn serving the Crystal Throne. You'd think he would have pondered eventual other great differences as well, if there had been any.

Archived