DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

We need a Hero

aevogt

I heard a very old Bonnis Tyler song on the way to the office this morning and once I stoppped chuckling, I got to thinking. (In case you haven't guessed, I'm obsessed with the Horn)

We have evidence that of all the Heroes bound to the Horn, only Gaidal and the Dragon has been spun out normally.

One of the Heroes, Shivan the Hunter, is referred to as the "herald of the end of Ages"  Since the age is about to turn, shouldn't this soul have been spun out to herald it. 

The Dragon has a job to do and therefore, that soul was spun out to do it.  Obviuosly the same is true for Gaidal, although I suspect his birth may have been in anticipation of Birgitte being ripped out.  The Wheel Weaves.

I'm thinking some of them may have been spun out and we don't know it, but since we no mention was made whether any were missing when the Horn was blown at Falme, it's hard to guess.

Shivan the Hunter & Calian the Chooser.  We only a couple brother/sister combos in the series and that's Gawayn and Elayne, though there isn't any reason other than that to suspect they are these two.  Also, I think those two did show up at Falme and we know they can't if they've been spun out.  Another is Mat and Bode.  Mat's character just doesn't sound like a "Hunter".

What about Perrin?  You'd think that since Mat, Rand and Perrin are all bound together in life, the same might be true after death.

Here's another idea. Shivan the Hunter & Calian the Chooser are Rand and Elayne's twins and their birth heralds the new age.

It's been theorised that Elaynes twins might be Shivan and Calian. The timing is certainly fitting. However, the mentions we have of them say that they are brother and sister, not twins.

I do not think we will find out, at least not in AMOL, since that would require a leap forward in time for at least 15-20 years before they would start showing any eventual Heroesque manners.

And btw, regarding Shivans birth heralding the end of an Age, I don't think the 3rd Age will end the moment the DO is defeated, which should give an extension to the window when he can be born.

The Dragon has a job to do and therefore, that soul was spun out to do it.  Obviuosly the same is true for Gaidal, although I suspect his birth may have been in anticipation of Birgitte being ripped out.  The Wheel Weaves.

I find it quite unlikely that the Wheel would interfere in such way. Especially since Gaidal atm is a toddler, and while we can't put an exact age to Birgitte, best case scenario would have her at least 20 years older than Gaidal.

I'd say Gaidal was spun out normally, according to plan. Birgitte would have followed eventually, had Moggy not intervened.

Archived