DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What is up with Nicola?

wvlr

She left the Rebals long after Traveling was discovered (I think) and she was caught snooping in the traveling tents more than once.    Surely she saw the weave at least once and she is a quick learner.    Why didn't she teach the WT AS the weave?    Surely she would have - to "Make points" so she could progress faster!

I guess the only answer is that she tried to get it but failed?  As sloppy as the Rebel camp was - I find it hard to believe, but that is the only thing that makes sense.

Nicola didn't go to the Tower with the intention of bringing harm to Egwene but because she felt she was being deliberately held back.  Besides, how many Aes Sedai in the Tower would accept that a Novice could teach them anything?

As much as I hate giving Egwene any compliments, she had to manipulate and browbeat to make Aes Sedai that an Accepted named Egwene Al'vere was the Amarlyn seat.  And *chokes on the words* did so effectively.  They won't accept stuff from anyone lower than Aes Sedai and probably not all of them.

Plus i dont think she was ever able to see the weave. The traveling grounds are almost always in use, often with a line of Aes Sedai waiting.

It was stated that Nicola had tried to get a look inside the tent, not that she was ever able too.

I wonder if Min's foreteling from CH.50 in TFoH has come to pass yet?  There Min said that all three that Nyn and Elayne brought with them were going to be trouble.  Obviously Moghedian was trouble with a capital T, but with the exception of a couple of failed blackmail attempts that actually turned out for the good, they haven't seemd to be too much trouble, and definately not trouble on the order of magnitude of Moghedian. 

I suppose that they have probably caused enough trouble to fulfill this viewing, but I can't help but wonder... 

Guest leebarr

plus ewgene pov said nicola would have to lie about her age to enter the novice book in the white tower so nicole would have to take care with what she said on top of coming from the rebel group

It occurs to me that Nicola might end up being the good kind of trouble. It seems fairly clear to me that she has bonded Ariena and they do have the makings of a dynamic duo know that they are on the shiny path of goodness.

But yeah, i reckon that viewing is already fulfilled.

It occurs to me that Nicola might end up being the good kind of trouble. It seems fairly clear to me that she has bonded Ariena and they do have the makings of a dynamic duo know that they are on the shiny path of goodness.

Have we seen anything that could indicate that this has occured?    Elyene and Briggit show significant signs of the bond.  Did we see similar effects with Nicola?    I don't remember any.

Yes. Ariana and Nicola show quite a bit of physical mimicry- or more accurately, Ariana mimics Nicola's moods, such as flinching. More, Nicola is always trying to observe weaves she shouldn't, and desperately tries to outdo Nynaeve and Elayne. Elayne has a female warder she bonded while still Accepted.

Yeah sorry i kinda just stated that hey. But yeah Bob got it. We've witnessed them mirror each others moods a couple of times. Egwene thinks that they are pillow friends, but I'm pretty sure its a bonding.

Im pretty sure it is both.

• 2 months later...

I wonder if Min's foreteling from CH.50 in TFoH has come to pass yet?  There Min said that all three that Nyn and Elayne brought with them were going to be trouble.  Obviously Moghedian was trouble with a capital T, but with the exception of a couple of failed blackmail attempts that actually turned out for the good, they haven't seemd to be too much trouble, and definately not trouble on the order of magnitude of Moghedian. 

I suppose that they have probably caused enough trouble to fulfill this viewing, but I can't help but wonder... 

She's going to be one of Mesaana's children. She'll be easily seduced by the offer to learn more. Moreover as the strongest novice in the tower, she'd be a prime target for Mesaana.

Except that she has come to respect and admire Egwene in the last book. She's even gone so far as to tell the other novices to "listen to the Mother".

Given a choice between following one of the Chosen, and following the Amyrlin, I would say her loyalties would lie with the latter, now.

Yes. Ariana and Nicola show quite a bit of physical mimicry- or more accurately, Ariana mimics Nicola's moods, such as flinching. More, Nicola is always trying to observe weaves she shouldn't, and desperately tries to outdo Nynaeve and Elayne. Elayne has a female warder she bonded while still Accepted.

Nicola doesn't know that Elayne bonded Birgitte before she was Aes Sedai.... she does know that Elayne and Nynaeve were pretending to be sisters however, and that Egwene did as well.

Where did Nicola learn bonding?  (PS - don't know if these adds ran everywhere, but every time I come across Nicola the old add for Ricola cough drops comes to mind, and I picture someone yelling NEEE-COLA!)

Nicola is caught repeatedly trying to learn weaves she shouldn't know. And besides, given the Aes Sedai are prepping for war, and theres an army nearby, there must have been at least a bit of bonding going on.

Nicola doesn't know that Elayne bonded Birgitte before she was Aes Sedai.... she does know that Elayne and Nynaeve were pretending to be sisters however, and that Egwene did as well.

Evidence?

Recall, Elayne and Birgitte weren't hiding the bond prior to arriving in Salidar- they weren't advertising it either- and Nicola isn't stupid.

Nicola is caught repeatedly trying to learn weaves she shouldn't know. And besides, given the Aes Sedai are prepping for war, and theres an army nearby, there must have been at least a bit of bonding going on.

And wasn't she blackmailing Myrelle and the other yellow sister with Myrelle for private lessons? she could have gotten Myrelle to show her the weave.  I am pretty sure she knew about Lan and was using that against Myrelle.  Unless I misunderstood the situation when Egwene confronts Myrelle and Nicola is there. 

Archived