DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Attack of the Remake monster...

Emperor

Guest Emperor

What movies would you like to see remade today?

Hmmm... like Wizard of Oz

or

The Thing... would love to see this remade

The Elephant Man

Guest Majsju

I don't like remakes. Period.

And the Wizard of Oz??? The original version is bloody brilliant, and tampering can only be bad.

Guest Emperor

Hey I just threw it out there for discussion.

I wouldnt remake it... well maybe the second one. I love that flying bed....

I would love to see another short circuit sequel. those first two are my favorite movies of all time. you cant get better than a robot that thinks of ways to mess with people on his own.

Guest Segurant

Dude I loved the 20,000 leagues under the sea. I sing that tune that Kirk Douglas performs from time to time.

Guest Winespring Brother

Remakes aren't always bad. The remake of the Thomas Crown affair was better than the original.

I would like to see a remake of Breakfast at Tiffany's

I would like to see good remakes of horrible remakes. Like a good Planet of the Apes, or a truly terrifying War of the Worlds. I want to see a decent US version of Godzilla only because the 'original' one with Matthew Broderick was essentially just 'Jurassic Park' in New York and nothing like the Japanese Godzilla at all. I want directors to realize that if there's nothing wrong with the original story, then they don't need to be drastically changed. Peter Jackson's King Kong was done well. The story, unlike the 1970s 'remake', wasn't much different at all from the 1930s version.

• 1 month later...
Remakes aren't always bad. The remake of the Thomas Crown affair was better than the original.

I would like to see a remake of Breakfast at Tiffany's

No it wasn't. You can't beat Steve McQueen. It's impossible.

As for The Princess Bride... no way! Cary Elwes is the only actor who can pull off that part. It's perfect just the way it is.

Archived