DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome to the Tower (Laurana)

Guest Arie Ronshor

Guest Arie Ronshor

Ooc: Sorry this is so late. I seemed to need to remember 'how' to start posts again and feel comfortable posting again, before taking on a Mintie. I hope your up for some fun! I challenge you to go to the White Tower and search out a roomate! ^_^ If yoru not up for Rping, let me know,a nd maybe we can just do this for fun for the both of us.

Your bio - http://www.whitetowerdiv.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5279

My Bio - http://www.whitetowerdiv.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2399

Ic:

Her movements were simple, careful, and precise as she worked her way though the hallways. She was careful not to touch the walls, nor to walk in the way some something what was moving. It was not htat she was afraid to touch. infact, touch, feeling, the sensoy of something beneath her finger tips gave her knowledge of it's truth, that it was real and not a trick of the lights. Eyes lie. Or so she believed.

Maegan was the only one to gain the shawl, despite being blind. Her inability to see without her specticales, or channeling, made her a rather rarity within the Tower. Although, she was not well known. More by name and face thatn with any reputation.

Moving past the halls of the vast Tower entrance, she stepped into the sunshine. She could smell it off the warmed stone under her slippers. The summers were longer here than in Charihien, where she grew up, and she was sterting to prefer it that way. Asuming she ever took the time to go outside these days. She was starting to spend too much time in her study than any Aes Sedai should. And that was why she finally approached the MoN for a someone to Mentor.

The gardens of the Tower were an excellent place to introduce a new Novice to the Tower. Remembering there is beauty,a dn something to work towards, this was what she loved about the Tower. The Dignity and Love with in it. although it was never the rainbows that she would have wished, there was the possibility, and that was enough for her.

Seeing a younger girl sitting alone in a White dress sitting by the pool, the statue of Bonwhin guarding her, she approached with a soft smile, but her own dignity that was required of an Aes Sedai.

"Good Morning. you must be Lashara Zarhien. I am Maegan Ryanne Sedai, a Sister of the Red Ajah. i am to be your mentor. it is a pleasure to meet you."

Maegan Ryanne

Sitter of the Crimson Banner

• 4 months later...

IC:

Lashara was sitting on a bench, motionless. Her hands were resting in her lap with fingers playing with each other. Her bells were falling in her eyes but she was feeling too numb to even stretch her hand and tuck them behind her ears. This place was not what she expected it to be. Different to say the least. The young Arafelin closed her eyes and took a deep breath, when all of a sudden a soft voice called her name.

"Good Morning. you must be Lashara Zarhien. I am Maegan Ryanne Sedai, a Sister of the Red Ajah. I am to be your mentor. it is a pleasure to meet you."

Lashara's eyes opened at once, almost as quickly as her feet jumped to stand up. If she had heard right, this Aes Sedai was going to be her Mentor, so she bowed down to her and with another deep breath intake, she greeted.

"Good Morning, Aes Sedai. I'm...," Lashara swallowed her fear and continued with a voice which was growing stronger "glad to meet you, too."

A Red Sister. Weren't they the one who were chasing men who could channel? Being too embarrassed, Lashara didn't ask. When she lived in Arafel she though that her knowledge of Aes Sedai was good, not much but enough. And then Lashata arrived at the White Tower and met their real world, a world which made her realized knew nothing. Nothing but fairy tales and lies.

Lashara wondered what she was supposed to do next. She didn't want to flood the Aes Sedai with her quiestions from the very beginning, but she didn't want to seem rude for not saying anything else.

OOC: Thanks for RPing this with me, Arie! *huggles her mentor* :D

Guest Arie Ronshor

OOC: i'm just happy your back.. us poor RP reds are down to two... :(

Ic:

The girl was clearly nervous, and quizitive. She fidgited without though to knowing she was doing so. Maegan could not help but smile.

"Northern accent, close to the border, correct? Beautiful area up there. Cold, though. If you have not guessed i'm from Cairhien. I travelled up alot to the border, mostly for research. The Aiel waste and the Blight are excellent places for experiments." Maegan smiled, tempting the girl to ask questions.

She moved to a foundain, sitting on the edge and smoothing out her skirt. She motioned for Lashara to take a seat. Looking into the pond, Maegan moved her fingers slightly through the crystal water, teasing the small golden fish inside. "It must have been a long journey here. Tell me a bit about yourself, your family. Did you have any brothers or sisters?"

Mae

Sitter

OOC: Only two?! What has happened? I thought of aspiring the Red but I've been away for too long and I remember no one and I need my head is a total mess of people and events right now.

IC:

This woman didn't look scary even though she was a Red Sister. In fact she was extremely nice and welcoming, which softened Lashara's nerves a bit. She sat at the place pointed by the elder woman and tried to relax.

"Yes, I live...lived near the border. Honestly, it is not that beautiful there, mostly dust and heat," it was hard to talk in past tense, but Lashara knew she had to forget her home and accept the Tower in it's place. "I have a sister, a baby sister, who actually came here with me. Not in the Tower, in Tar Valon, I mean. I haven't seen her in two days and... we've never been separated for so long. We grew up together, we've been at each other's side all life. I...I don't know what I'd do without her." at this moment Lashara suddenly stopped, her eyes huge with realization. Did she just say that? Did she confess her anxiety to a stranger?

The girl swallowed and continued her short speech very fast "There is nothing interesting about me. I'm just like all other girls who come here," she shook her head and raised her gaze to meet Maegan's eyes apologetically.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Arie Ronshor

Maegan raised an eyebrow at the girls very automatic shut down. Whether or not this girl had trusting issues, it was obvious that the girl was not interesting in talking with her anymore than she wanted to be here. Possibly. Maegan had no choice but to stay, at least for the first few years. She never felt the need to go back Not for family. The wistful tone in Lashara's voice pulled softly at Maegan's heart strings. A side of her that never really had the chance to exist. Maegan had no family. The Tower was her family. But than Maegan had a rather brilliant idea that could just help the girl adjust a little bit more to the Tower life.

"I highly doubt that you are 'just like' the other girls that come here." Maegan teased, but did not pry. "However, your welcome to your secrets, as I am welcome to my own. But i do have something to show you that might help you feel a bit better. Come, follow me."

Adjusting the spectacles on her nose Maegan stood, waiting for a moment for Lashara to follow, and then she lead the way into the vast halls within the Tower. Through the winding cases, Maegan masterfully lead them up stairs and past Aes Sedai. Novices and Accepted curtsied and Aes Sedai of varied shawls bowed their heads in recognition of the tiny Sister. Pausing at a door, Maegan gave a soft playful smile before opening the door.

Winds that danced along the tower caught their hair and Maegan took one step into the 'room'. Or lack there of. the walkway was open to the world high above the ground with thousands of birds flittering on perches, coming and going with messages that were collected by novices. The view alone from the vantage point was spectacular.

"From here you may send word to your family. And you may receive word from them. They may be our of reach, but they are not untouchable."

Maegan

not a typical red