DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Games.

• Community Administrator

I've been pondering for awhile on this.

If someone were to make a wheel of time game, What/how/who/where/when would you like to see it at?

How accurate to the story line should it be? Should it take place during the main story line? Or in the past/future? Ect...

Also, a minor question. If a game were to be made about WoT, would the said game, assuming it sticks to the story line, have to contain nudity? Would not having it subtract from the closeness to the books? Or would having it, distract from it?

*btw, there is a difference between, nudity, and glorified nudity.*

Also, for those of you who don't know, There is a wheel of time Mod in the making for the game Oblivion. *Mod = moddification, meaning, they take a game that is pre-built, and make it into a completely new game, this basically means that the game engine is pre-built, the "mod" is free. *the base game isnt* The Thing would also mean it was built by fans... *Also this mod in the making is going to stick as close to the story line as possible, but its still going to play like oblivion. "be anyone, and do anything.. well within reason. :P"

I don't acknowledge the wheel of time's existance, like how palastine doesnt acknoledge israels right to exist..

*Just a metaphore, or whatever that thing is called, no tthat I believe the 2nd part. :P *

Kinda like How I don't acknowledge Final fantasy 11, but instead consider x-2 to be 11.

It was answer to question. I don't know how much it needs to stick to the story' date=' but nudity never hurts... 8) *these glasses stay firmly on*[/quote']

Well, there are more then just one question being asked here... so we know what Greandal has on her? Mind.. :P Also, that particular question is basically saying would having it distract from the plot? Or just go along with it? Ie the difference between lara croft tomb raider, and..... Tribal women of zimbobway?

Well, more seriously, yea, I think it should keep accurately to the world. Then what occurs is up to the plot. I don't know if that should be from the books or not. But realism should not distract anyone, in my opinion. I tend to find those paintings with those flowing scarf-ends or leaves or whatever just happening to cover everything, or movies where people are naked but they are never shown whole or in some strange pose somehow, well, ridiculous. What's there to cover, when they are naked. So if there's an Aes Sedai ceremony, or a Shienaran bath, just go about it then normally. If it's a part of normal life, then why not show it?

It wouldn't hurt in my opinion if the characters were somehow good-looking, at least to the extent as the ones we know are.

like morrowind...definatly

and you are a random person (not a main character) who goes around doing stuff based on what you are.

should be set after the aiel war, before rand is 'discovered' by M.

it would be fun to try a WOT strategy game similar to Battle for middle earth. Where Asha'man come out of a Balck Tower barracks and can be upgraded to travel. and hero units can be used with there own unique powers such as Death Gates and Fire Arrows for Rand and Invisibility for Egwene (moggy teaches her that for anyone who may have forgotten:P) etc.

hmmm id love if thier was a wheel of time game but since id b too young too play it if it had nudity i say there shouldnt be any

they might be able to alter it a bit so that maybe there werin lingirie or somethin but it stuck too exactly the same story line

dont give it to any cheap developer or publisher like they did with the all those stupid movie games

speakin of movies wouldnt it be cool if there was a wheel of time movie series!!! i think tht would b awesome

Hmm, yea I was thinking more idealistically there. I don't really play games that much, so I don't know how age things go generally. I know in Finland they're the same for games and movies. Sex or violence put things pretty automatically in the 15-years standards, 18 is quite rare then. But nudity in a non-sexual context isn't considered to affect the age-limits. I'd think there's more violence in WoT than sex, by any standards, just taking the prologue Dragonmount.

But any game should be more enjoyable to play, than accurate to every letter. If it's good, it's good.

For a movie, I'd prefer pin-point accuracy, though, at least as much as is possible.

Well, somehow I doubt 300 year old AS have the bodies of 30 year olds. "specially the fatties." :P

And the comics, are after all the comics.. not necisarilly 100% accurate.

do you think that is possible...maybe to talk for at least 1 page without bringing nudity into it, in all my favourite games, all characters remain fully clothed. you couldnt have scantily clad heroines in a wot game and get away with it...unless you were seanchan, but then property is unlikey to be heroic.

but they DO have the bodies of 30 year olds, that's the point of the agelessness. Read the discriptions of the Aes Sedai, unless their 500 they look young and very beautiful.

And as the the accuracy of the comic books, RJ reviews every panel to make sure it's accurate and then has Mike Miller change it if it's not. So in the end they're pretty accurate, maybe not what you imagined, but still accurate.

Archived