DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand's dad

Guest leebarr

Guest leebarr

Ok Rand's Dad found out from Perrin in KOD that Rand was the Dragon Reborn. So how will he react to Rand the next time they see each other. I think at first Tam will not be able to meet Rand's eyes then will tell himself this is my boy and give him a hug

I think it will be Tam who will end up teaching Rand to experience laughter and tears again.  Basically it will be Rand's reaquantance with Tam that will allow him to rediscover his own humanity.

Quoted for Truth.

and I believe that somehow it will be either Cadsuane or maybe even Moiraine that may be the ones whom facilitate Tam getting back to finally see Rand again. Our favorite woolheaded shepherd has not seen or heard from Tam for over 2 years. I really do hope and believe that Tam al`Thor will meet his son, Rand al`Thor. This will be a very special moment and scene in MOL, I predict. If and when that happens, then I do know that when I read that scene, I will be crying my eyes out. Yeah, I know, its kinda sappy to think that a 43 year old sergeant in the US Army like myself will break out in tears just by reading a wonderful scene in WOT. However, that won't be the first time that there is a moving and wonderful scene in RJ's WOT which brings real tears to my eyes.

Guest durram laddel cham

I don't know how Rand will react, he never thought of tam after his heron sword broke at the end of TGH. It was like he broke with the thought that tam was his father when his sword broke, and not only the denial of tam no being his biological father, but also as the warm nice that that you guy that you picture a dad. I don't know, I'll guess we'll see.

I don't know how Rand will react, he never thought of tam after his heron sword broke at the end of TGH. It was like he broke with the thought that tam was his father when his sword broke, and not only the denial of tam no being his biological father, but also as the warm nice that that you guy that you picture a dad. I don't know, I'll guess we'll see.

Actually from TSR page 393

Rand's thoughts are

"He would never lose his love for Tam, never stop thinking of his as his father..."

He just might need to be reminded of it.

I think Tam will act are fatherly and sympathetic re Rand's hand etc.  Or maybe he will be more like LAN and say time to suck it up to help to lend his fatherly strength.  However, either way there should be a good release of emotions during their meeting.

• 4 weeks later...

Personally, I think Tam is one of my favorite characters and I hope it is a joyous meeting. What I think would be really cool is if Tam could ride with Rand to TG but before they went that Tam could teach Rand a thing or two about being a blademaster and maybe even Lan. Lan is a wonderful character, but it would be neat to see Tam hold his own and maybe give a lesson or two.

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

What I think would be really cool is if Tam could ride with Rand to TG but before they went that Tam could teach Rand a thing or two about being a blademaster and maybe even Lan.

Rand maybe, I don't think there are too many people who could teach Lan much about swordfighting.

I'd like to see Tam playing a part in T.G. though.

Archived