DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

forgotten realms

Alys Kinch

Guest Froix

I'm not quite familiar with Bromph but I'll go with Elminster anyway. He's still breathing though, isn't he?

not a game. just that elminster the sage (and other various titles) is the most powerful man in the continents of toril, and gromph is the most powerful in the underdark. so naturally he thought, if they were pitted who'd win.

gromph(mostly from the war of the spider queen, but he's been in other books) is the archmage of menzoberranzan.

and yea, elminster is still alive.

and sin, you can't know about drizzt with out knowing about the baenres.

my bet is for elminster because is clever, a chosen, and able to think like the villans.

Drow live around seven hundred years and, gaming wise, have no level limits for wizards. But Elemister has live longer then most high elves (2000 years) so he has so much longer to learn about magic (I also think he has been a fighter thief and cleric at varoius times in his life)

There is no doupt in my mind that if Gromph fought Elemister, Gromph would be toast.

BTW: Gromph isn't the most powerful Drow mage, I believe that title goes to the "Spider Mage" also of Menzoberanzan.

• Community Administrator

and sin, you can't know about drizzt with out knowing about the baenres

Yea, I know of the baenres.. However I didnt' quite get up into the spider war books..

I read the first 3.

read part of the 4th dritz book. *I need to read the books between those, which involves those dwarves.. That would also mean reading the ones before that... *halflings treassure* After which I would read the 3 books after the orginal 3 drow books. Then I'd have to read the ranger ones, that are exclusively about dritzz again..

So basically meaning I have to read the entire forgotten realms series just to catch up!! :P

i have never heard of hte spider mage...

but yeah, i am glad to see that people agree with me that it would be elminster.

i think the best drizz books were back in mythril hall. but then, it's hard for me to say since r.a. salvatore is so action driven...at least these have character building.

and sin' date=' you can't know about drizzt with out knowing about the baenres

Yea, I know of the baenres.. However I didnt' quite get up into the spider war books..

I read the first 3.

read part of the 4th dritz book. *I need to read the books between those, which involves those dwarves.. That would also mean reading the ones before that... *halflings treassure* After which I would read the 3 books after the orginal 3 drow books. Then I'd have to read the ranger ones, that are exclusively about dritzz again..

So basically meaning I have to read the entire forgotten realms series just to catch up!! :P[/quote']

OMG: So you didn' read about when Drizzt went back to Menzoberanzan(?) You missed ALL the showdowns with his Arch Enemy (Artemis Entari) The whole thing concerning Jaraxle...And Gromph WAS talked about in the Dark Elf Triology. You went from the prequels to the most recent series. You missed out on A LOT.

• Community Administrator
I mean it's like you just read New Spring then skipped the first half of WoT and complain that you don't know what happened in the books you missed.

Umm.. I was given the 3 drittz books Birth to exile, as a gift. I read them as a time away from wot....

Then while on another escape, I looked in the library for more books in forgotten realms.. All I found was starless night.... I read a bit in it before I realized I missed like 30 other books.... "specially since in that book, the drow wars were just beginning? And dritzz's house had at first, beat that first big one, then they got wiped out save for his 1 sister?"

Like I said, I have a LOT of catching up to do... but no will to do it.

you're forgetting some pretty damn powerful figures though. people like the Symbul, or Szas Tam of the Red Wizards. Elminster is powerful, yeah, but the Symbul is freaking hardcore. elminster steps around her. and szas tam is a lich.

isn't the symbul sleeping with elminster? and they are definately both chosen. anyway, el is the best to me, especially with his abilities to round up all of the seven versus gromph vying with his sisters to even be able to round up an army.

Archived