DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

top 25 sci fi of the last 20 years

ironcross

• Community Administrator

Well, some of the movies deserved a spot, others didn't.

Also, there is no way I can accept that list as 1 = better then 25 scenerio.

Cause quite simply, Matrix is good, but its not better then blade runner, and doesn't even hold a candle to Quantum Leap.

Movies I thought were alright or deserved being on that list...

Matrix

Blade Runner

Battle Star Galactica (the orginal, not the drama queen that is the new one. ;) )

X-Files

Anything Trek

E.T

Aliens (WHAT NO PREDATOR ARE YOU CRAZY?!)

The Thing

Back to the Future

Terminator

Children of Men, for at least bringing back the post-apoc world after so many years of disney.

Firefly Serenity, cause I know I can dis battle star galactica, but If I say this doesn't I'm sure i'd get disemboweled with this crowd! /runs away

Total Recall

Eternal Sunshine

Possibly Star Ship Troopers

Quantum Leap

Doctor Who (For similar reasons as fire fly)

And V: The Final Battle.

(Seriously, I can't figure out how they could say Galaxy Quest > V!! I mean really! are they retarded?)

Theres probably a few other movies/series i'd add to this, Like Predator 1 or 2.

I would also add the movie that was made on only a $7,000 budget but is probably the best sci-fi/time machine movie in the last 15 years, which is simply titled Primer.

Theres another movie I'd put on it, for its complexity, would be some classic sci-fi in the sense that they are mind bending..

Event Horizon

12 Monkies

Possibly Solaris for its complexity

The Thriteenth Floor (Pre-dates Matrix, but is imo, better in the fact that it has something better. A Matrix, within a Matrix, which is 'hinted upon' in the Matrix Movies. ;) )

Can't forget the Sci-Fi Mini-series (from like 2000)

Dune, which was in my eyes, much better then the orginal 20 hour movie. ;)

Equilibrium?

Demolition Man (yes, I said it, its still awesome, specially when the head goes a rollin!)

I'd say Highlander, but the only one thats sci-fi, is the 2nd? one.

Gattaca

Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

Planet of the Apes (orginal)

Cube

The Fountain

Also, I haven't seen it yet... but I'm going to throw it out there..

Sunshine

They managed to miss Stargate on the list, wtf???

And Babylon 5 should also have been there.

Meanwhile, incredibly overrated stuff like ET being way too high on the list.

Crap, I forgot those 2 very good ones on my list to...

I've only seen a few episodes of Babylon 5, but what I saw, I liked. (Mind you, I can't watch a tv series if i've missed out on the beginning, i've simply missed to much to get into it, hence why I haven't watched Babylon 5 to much)

You know what this list needs? Blackadder Back & Forth. That movie had time travelling. *nods*

And Keanu Reaves makes my tummy hurt.

They say, his shere awesomeness aura causes that to happen to those who are weaker then him. ;)

i too was disapointed by the lack of any star gate.  there were also a cuple of older shows that some of you may or may not remember that i thought should have been on there, one being andromeda and the other being earth final conflict.  both of them where concived by gean rodenberry, were totaly different from star trek and were pretty dang good

i too was disapointed by the lack of any star gate.  there were also a cuple of older shows that some of you may or may not remember that i thought should have been on there, one being andromeda and the other being earth final conflict.  both of them where concived by gean rodenberry, were totaly different from star trek and were pretty dang good

I remember Andromeda, and Earth Final Conflict, but earth, is one that is far more 'vague' then andromeda...

I've never seen farscape, but andromeda I have seen, and I'm not sure how that show's managed to stay on the air so long... I dunno if its been cancelled or not, but its still played plenty around here. Bleh.

Archived