DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

4th Oath.

Angel of Death

The Oath rods were the Age of Legends way of punishing channelers who broke the law (they had other devices for regular people).  I would therefore expect that the Oath Rod will work without consent.  If that is true, then the Black Ajah could use the Oath Rod to remove even the "don't remove your oaths" oath.

The Oath rods were the Age of Legends way of punishing channelers who broke the law (they had other devices for regular people).  I would therefore expect that the Oath Rod will work without consent.  If that is true, then the Black Ajah could use the Oath Rod to remove even the "don't remove your oaths" oath.

Even if that were true, Galina showed how it could be done. Simply swear an Oath to not touch any Oath Rod unless the Amyrlin says so.

Quote:

There's always divorce.

I think it was Semi that explained that in the Age of Legends an offending channeler was given a choice agree to be bound by the binding rod or be stilled. She disliked either option and ran away and pledged herself to the DO. In the Age of Legends "binding" was consensual.

In the Age of Legends "binding" was consensual.

LOL ... "consensual" in the sense that "do this or we'll cut you off from the Source" is "consensual".  ::)

So, I guess you consider serving jail time when you can't pay a fine "consensual"?  After all, you have the option of running ... or killing yourself ...  ::)

Being bound was the result of a sentence.  Just like there are occasionally sentences handed down in our system in which a convict can choose between a couple of options, but will be forced, if caught, to serve one of them, so with being "bound" in the Age of Legends.

Archived