DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Verin 2 questions

TwoRiversWI

Question one;

What does everyone think that Verin did to have an arrest warrent still hanging over head in Far Madding?

Question two:

Where does everyone think Verin went in Knife of Dream? She left a letter for Rand saying she needed to leave to aid him?

Personally, I think the reason for the warrent has to do with the mistake she made 70 years ago.

I also think she left to go retrieve the Horn.

What does everyone else think?

TwoRivers Born.

8)

Well the warrent dates back forty years, so its probably unrelated to the mistake she made. My guess is she did something fairly unimportant. It was just one of those curiosities RJ throws in to fluff the story.

And yeah, i reckon she's gone to get the horn too. Between her comments about the last battle being upon them, and that the horn gets refrenced casually two times for no reason after five books of absence (excluding Birgitte's comments to Mat)... yeah... the Horn.

Getting the Horn is certainly the most likely explanation for what Verin left to do.  She is, after all, one of a very few people that knows where it is.

And it's about time for Verin to try to find Mat and hang with him for a while. She started with Perrin, moved on to Rand, but she has not spent any quality time at all with Mat (I'd say TGH does not count, since he was not quite himself most of the time)

And if she does find Mat, putting the Horn back in his hands would seem like a quite logical move.

And it's about time for Verin to try to find Mat and hang with him for a while. She started with Perrin, moved on to Rand, but she has not spent any quality time at all with Mat (I'd say TGH does not count, since he was not quite himself most of the time)

And if she does find Mat, putting the Horn back in his hands would seem like a quite logical move.

Perhaps Verin has been avoiding him, I mean being around Matt for any length of time means having a army of one kind or another trying to kill you hehe.

[glow=green,1,500]Darth_Andrea[/glow]

Perhaps Verin has been avoiding him, I mean being around Matt for any length of time means having a army of one kind or another trying to kill you hehe.

[glow=green,1,500]Darth_Andrea[/glow]

And being around the Dragon Reborn is an insurance that you can snuggle up with your knitting? ;)

Quote:

My guess is she did something fairly unimportant. It was just one of those curiosities RJ throws in to fluff the story.

An act that results in an arrest warrent still being outstanding against an A.S. might be many things but unimportant (or insignificent) is not one of them. I think RJ included it to reinforce the concept that Verin has been doing a lot of "strange things" for a long time. Its another clue that there is more to her then meets the eye.

The first question, I guess we could speculate endlessly about what Verin may have done to get a warrant.

As for the second, she is either going to find Mat or go back to the tower and get the horn; If she doesn't have the horn already. If she doesn't it may be difficult for her to get in the tower and back out since Elaida will see her as a rebel.

Who knows?  :)

adbanner.jpg

Regarding the arrest warrant, I'd suspect that either a) she channeled there (using a well or some such thing), or she was hiding the fact she was Aes Sedai and committed some other crime, perhaps against a noble or the like.

As Dragon21 said, though, we could speculate endlessly on it. There's just not enough info to even have a clue from what I recall of my reading.

No, channeling through wells was unkown in Far Madding prior to Nynaeve's actions. They wouldn't have been as shocked if they had heard of it happening before, even if it was infrequently.

Quote:

My guess is she did something fairly unimportant. It was just one of those curiosities RJ throws in to fluff the story.

An act that results in an arrest warrent still being outstanding against an A.S. might be many things but unimportant (or insignificent) is not one of them. I think RJ included it to reinforce the concept that Verin has been doing a lot of "strange things" for a long time. Its another clue that there is more to her then meets the eye.

I disagree, I really doubt that the cause of the arrest warrent has any form of significant impact of the story. In part because I really doubt we're going to return to Far Madding, but also because of the way it was done. It was just something there to give Verin some dimension. RJ does it all the time.

Quote:

I disagree, I really doubt that the cause of the arrest warrent has any form of significant impact of the story.

I agree that whatever Verin did is significant to the story as a whole. My point was that whatever Verin did must have been viewed the the authorities in Fae Madding as rather important, i.e., it was not some run of the mill crime. Whatever it was it was something major which goes to show that Verin has not been bookish Brown interested in arcane knowledge for a long time. So her bevaior in the novels is nothing new she has been plotting and manipulating events for a long time.

Mmm. Maybe. You never know--i mean they cant channel. Maybe they just wanted to make an example of her. It does seem fairly common for Aes Sedai to run afoul of the law in Far Madding, and the Towers stance is clearly 'don't ask, don't tell' about the whole issue.

Archived