DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

"Remember the old saying"

Feral

I have a question about something in the last chapter of KoD, when the Red Sisters travel to the BT via a gateway. Have I missed something? Cos I thought Elaida told Beonin not to reveal the weave for a gateway to any other sisters? I can't remember if Tarna was in the room at the time and saw the weave but if she did know it, would she do it right in front of other sisters? Even if she did, in Pevara's PoV there was no mention of the gateway being anything out of the ordinary which stikes me as very odd...

Tarna was in the room when Beonin wove the Gateway & explained both types of weaves.  Elida told beonin not to reviel it to anyone else but she did not tell Tarna the same  -  At least not in our "glimps" of the happenings.    She could have done so later but from what we have seen of Tarna she would have given Elida an answer that would have given her total freedom to ignore Elida completely.

Indeed ... and Tarna is not only in that group which goes to the Black Tower, but it was her idea ...

... she seems to not be terribly hot on Elaida as Amyrlin, either. 

Doesn't someone wonder if she is entirely sane or something?  So far She seems like one of the sanest people still in the WT, I would love for her to somehow be pulled into the BA hunters group, but the story line seems to be running out of time for that to happen.

Indeed ... and Tarna is not only in that group which goes to the Black Tower, but it was her idea ...

... she seems to not be terribly hot on Elaida as Amyrlin, either.  It is not out of the question, to me, for her to stay on as Egwene's Keeper as part of a compromise to reunite the Tower.

Agree  100 %  ive always had a nagging feeling that  when egwene  reunites the tower Sheriam wont stay her Keeper and that she will pick someone of  the  Red  ive leaned  towards  Tarna and Silviana no facts to  support this theory just a feeling :)

Doesn't someone wonder if she is entirely sane or something?

Pevara wonders if Tsutama Rath, the new Highest for the Red Ajah, is entirely sane.  I don't recall anyone wondering the same about Tarna ...

I agree that Tarna seems to have her head on straighter than most in the Tower, though.  It would be fortuitous if she hooked up with the Hunters ... indeed, she already seems to have a good relationship with Pevara.

Doesn't someone wonder if she is entirely sane or something?

Pevara wonders if Tsutama Rath, the new Highest for the Red Ajah, is entirely sane.  I don't recall anyone wondering the same about Tarna ...

I agree that Tarna seems to have her head on straighter than most in the Tower, though.  It would be fortuitous if she hooked up with the Hunters ... indeed, she already seems to have a good relationship with Pevara.

Thanks,

I obviously got the two of them confused there.

Still it was fun being in Tarna's POV were she is editing everything she says to Elida - thinking something like "there is no purpose telling her (Elida) things that will not produce positive results."

Ah, right. I still think it's odd she gave no reaction though.

The only explanation that I can come up with is that that part occured at the oglet Grove when the gateway was created.    It sure was a momentus event - but they were rapidly approaching the BT and hordes of potentially Mad Ash'amen that they were wanting to bond so there were other things on her mind at this point.

Not great but - well it is the best that I can do.

Now above and beyond your question (don't mean to hijack) but why in all of creation did Perva not bring the Oath Rod with her so she could "Swear" each of these people prior to them bonding a man.  I would think that knowing that the BA does exist and being on the BA Hunter Gp,  she would not want any BA to be bonded with a man - thereby being much more powerful/dangerous!

It would have been noticed. It takes two to three days to break a person if they are black, and there are others within the Tower who would have noticed the disapearence of Tarna and Javindhra--not the least of which are Tsutama and Elaida.

... she seems to not be terribly hot on Elaida as Amyrlin, either.  It is not out of the question, to me, for her to stay on as Egwene's Keeper as part of a compromise to reunite the Tower.

Agree  100 %  ive always had a nagging feeling that  when egwene  reunites the tower Sheriam wont stay her Keeper and that she will pick someone of  the  Red  ive leaned  towards  Tarna and Silviana no facts to  support this theory just a feeling :)

well...i think if thats the case, she'll be Aes Sedai of the "former" Red Ajah, now (insert color here) Ajah, since their entire existance has been based on something that is completely unnecessary now  ;D

Quote:

well...i think if thats the case, she'll be Aes Sedai of the "former" Red Ajah, now (insert color here) Ajah, since their entire existance has been based on something that is completely unnecessary now 

Being bonded to male channelers there new task will be to insure that channeling does not die out by having a lot of babies thus increasing the gene pool. This might be tough since most of them seem to be lesbians  :'(, but hey, they are going to have to sacrifice for the greater good. Now since several of Logain's lot seemed to have bonded multiple A.S. this should allow the Reds to find some solace with their sister-wives but then again I'm an optomist and see the glass as half full. :D :D :D

Being bonded to male channelers there new task will be to insure that channeling does not die out by having a lot of babies thus increasing the gene pool. This might be tough since most of them seem to be lesbians  , but hey, they are going to have to sacrifice for the greater good.

Maybe they'll have some luck and Nynaeve will discover invitro fertilisation.

Now since several of Logain's lot seemed to have bonded multiple A.S. this should allow the Reds to find some solace with their sister-wives but then again I'm an optomist and see the glass as half full. 

Actually for the majority of them it seems more like the boys will be finding some solace in their brother-husbands. And hey, bonded to a Red, who can blame them.

Archived