DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Stray thought

trakand_01

As i've said in another thread, i seem to remember that 'Let the Lord of Chaos Rule' was an order that the DO gave to... Demandred, I think.

Does anyone have a transcript of that order being given? I just wondered if it was possible that it wasnt referring to the DO as the LoC at all, but he was giving the order to let Rand live, with Rand being the LoC. If so, and if it was Demandred who received the order it could perhaps explain a little why we havent seen him (he's letting Rand get on with it for now) and why Moridin helped Rand kill Sammael (he went against the order)...

Feel free to shoot me down  ;D

I do not have book handy, but it went something like, ?Demandred the chosen are being picked off. yada yada yada.    And, I agree that is why Demandred has been absent. And I had always thought he also meant The Lord of Chaos was Rand also.  And Ishy helped with killing Sammel for that reason and to keep his own plans afloat.

I agree with RAW, though I think the line: "Let the Lord of Chaos rule" is more of a saying, that a clever way to say let Rand live.

The DO wanted the world in chaos, and as long as Rand helps to contribute to that end with his invading Aiel, wars and whatnot he is not to be taken out. Though as with most plans, they seem to work in a different way than intended. Order is now being restored in most of the conquered lands, and many of the chaos inducing threads have been wrapped up as of the last book.

Archived