DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You've been flung into Randland...

Shaidar

Let's say in Tar Valon, at a time coinciding with the beginning of TEotW.

You are who you are. You can't channel. You know only the skills and things that you know. (That means most of you will not blademasters, etc...).

You're dropped into the Tower grounds. You have no clothes or possessions (like the Terminators at the start of the Terminator movies).

You've been told that you are to spend the rest of your life there.

What do you do?

Find Mat, get drunk with him (at least you'd get a bed and someone warm to snuggle up with), steal some of his money and leg it.

Seriously though...

Er, probably find the nearest civilisation (I'm in the tower grounds you say?) which would be the entrance to the WT, or being naked and knowing my luck, the stable yard, and ask for help.

Long term, who knows. Presumably they'd test you for the spark and your life would take one of two paths depending on the result (I'm female of course).

that is presuming i dont know anything of the world however, that i'm just working off instinct. If i know of the world and events to come then...

I'd likely find someone and beg for some clothes, then take myself to the tower for testing. If I had the spark i would train and attempt to become Green (this is all before the tower split, yes?). Alternatively i may just find some clothes and make for the nearest inn, find some work, get some money and then attempt to find the Party when they arrive at TV. Think of the advice you could give them!

Disbelieve it's real, get angry, rape the first woman I see...no, wait...that was Thomas Covenant in a similar storyline.  :P

Throw myself at the mercy of the Aes Sedai, I suppose. I mean, my knowledge and skills wouldn't translate well into Randland at all, and I don't even have any clothes.  :-\

I would have to run to the white tower and ask for clothes first... :)

but they might not have any that fit me right away since I am 6'-7" 245lbs.

Then I would ask to stay there and be trained as a warder and hopefully end up bonded to a beautiful Aes Sadai....lol

I'd do just fine - every world/society needs Bankers.  

As for clothes, that's what laundry lines are for.

As for start up capital - "So, you fellows have never heard of BlackJack?  It's easy, let me explain the rules.  Saal, another Ale.  And bring one for everybody"

Assuming the Aes Sedai did not capture and kill me as a darkfriend for falling out of the sky naked?  I would probably ask to be allowed to train as a warder.  If they refused or I didn't have the skills to make it, I would try to find employment in Tar Valon somewhere doing pretty much anything until I could save up enough money to head to Camelyn.  There I would enter Rand's university and astound everyone with my "inventions".  While there, I would read all the histories (and pretty much anything else) I could find in the library.   

I would try and give some info to Rand and company. Then I would try and tell Rand's academy a thing or two about how things work in our world (the things I know about anyway). After that I would like to visit a stedding, Rhuidean, the Stone of Tear and Caemlyn. Maybe try and find a stasis box (hopefully there wouldn't be a gholam in it).

Well, I have a very strong background in science, so I'd make my way to Cairhien, sign up in Rand's school when it opens, and design/manufacture guns and all other types of conventional weapons (grenades, mortars, mustard gas, etc.). Picture Rand's forces armed with Winchester model 1895 style .30-06, lever-action repeating rifles. Don't think I'd have time to develop automatic weapons, but I don't believe they'd be needed anyway.

Oh, also design tanks, gliders/airplanes, and of course, introduce advanced metallurgy.

I think I'd likely be assassinated, probably end up getting murdered by gray men.

Assuming no knowledge from the books?

Well, first I'd sneak around until I found some goodwife hanging her laundry and explain that I've apparently been robbed of my possessions and clothing, and would she be so kind and compassionate as to allow me to borrow some clothing, for which I will repay her as soon as I am able.

Then, I would begin asking official-looking people in the area about the appropriate buildings or offices for finding governmental officials.

Upon being pointed to such a place, I would present myself in an official manner.

"Despite present appearances, I'm an ambassador from a land far away. Apparently I have been robbed of all my possessions and ignobly dumped in the road here in your city, which is quite a lovely one despite my unfortunate experience.

"Do you have an ambassador of your own country with whom I might converse, so that we may exchange knowledge and friendship?"

And things would go from there. ;D

I would lament the loss of technology, and quickly introduce such advanced concepts as indoor plumbing and sanitation.

I would ask for an audience with the Amyrlin (which would be SS) and ask to seek refuge (after I asked for a dress and small clothes). Siuan is an educated woman of the world and would be open to other worlds since it's known that the Creator made more.

I would throw myself on the mercy of SS. I'm sure after I was tested and checked out, they'd give me money to make a life for myself. If not, maybe they'd give me a job as a serving woman. I could save up some money and leave before the Tower is broken and Siuan is stilled. Who knows? Maybe I could help Min help her and Leanne escape?

I'd probably panic and deny everythign thats happening to me for the first week or so, then accepting knowledge of the books I would probably sign up for the tower guard just so I'd have some sort of protection.  I might desert and try to join up with the Legion of the Dragon.

Request an audience with an Aes Sedai, and describe to her how to weave a gateway.  Then, ask her to kindly transport me to Tel'aran'rhiod. 

I would then proceed to live a life of lies and relative luxury.  Egwene, Perrin and company always need more people to torment them when they enter Tel'aran'rhiod. 

alternatively I might bide my time while Mat gains some 'experience' then play the damsel in distress. We all know Mat can't resist a damsel in distress.

Then devote the rest of my time to bringing up Olver.

Oh! And follow Rand / Mat et al around quietly alerting them to things. For example Dashiva arrives at the BT "*cough*Aran'gar*cough*".

Find and slap some sense into Gawyn. Introduce Elayne to the nearest mirror.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna answer assuming we're after KOD: I'd try to steal some clothes and money, then book it for the Black Tower. If I had the ability to channel, I'd become an Ashaman and if I didn't I'd find some other way to attach myself to Rand, it'd be sick to meet him hey? Truthfully, it's hard to say what I'd do... it all depends on where we're from; are we Andoran, Illianers, Domani, etc? You know whats weird, we've never heard Mayene described... Rand's never been there, whats it like? interesting

I'd find one of Rand's friends and tell them a bunch of stuff only one of them should know (to convince them of my "prophet" powers).  Then I would get them to hook me up with Rand, then I would tell him all the stuff that the girls are hiding from him.  I would stay clear of the last battle unless I had some powers mysteriously given to me that could somehow aid.  I would probably go live on a farm in the TR.  TR folk are nice and farming is probably the job that would require the least shock to my brain after being warped into another dimension.

Wow, it's a lot different when you read the first post  ;).  I'd probably be arrested for wandering around in the nude.  I don't know how that works in Tar Valon.  Then I'd serve my time, afterwhich I would become a treasure hunter/adventurer.  I'd raise horses for a living and plunder caves to sell angreal to the highest bidder.

Oh yeah...can't leave tar valon...well that's just too restrictive.

After getting clothes, I would go to Elaida and give her false info in exchange for money. Then I would go to a remote place out of harm's way and train pigeons and invent special stealth bags for them to carry messages in. Then I would send messages to Rand and Company telling them all the stuff they're missing. Then I would stay in hiding until after TG, and then probably go to Baerlon or somewhere similar for the remainder of my days.

Archived