DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welp Im here, took me long enough.

Guest CapyDug

Guest CapyDug

Hello everyone, from first glance at these forums they look pretty awsome. Looks like a bunch of nice people call this place home. Im sad to say it took to see Robert Jordan's section in Borders as "In memory of" to come on here and say Hi. I wish I wouldve not been lazy and done while he was still with us so I could tell him about what an amazing writer he is. well anyway heres my WOT story. nothing special realy my friend described the books as a series where "every thousand years these heroes are reborn" I thought that was pretty cool sounding .So I checked them out, and I soon came to find out it was a WHOLE lot more. Im 17, so lucky for me when I joined the WOT legion when Crossroads of Twilight had just come out. (lucky for me  :D)......I.....tottaly...DEVOURED these books,so in no time I was begging for the new ones to come out. so here I am a a few years and MANY re-reads later I walk into Borders and you know the rest. ( and sorry for my spelling and grammar, I try my best)

*edit*

You also said to ask questions in this section so i found one!( This is directed at the leader of the BoTRH) Ok, I was looking at the OG here, and I interested in joining the BoTRH, but im kinda skeptical cause im new to this whole Marshall Captain Spear-Sister bonded to trained by married to fought with adopted for stuff, so heres my question.In the recruitment thread it says that well have to do "stuff".So is stuff like something tottaly rediculous and time consuming, or is stuff like " hey, theres a new demo that came out on Xbox LIVE today and I thought id write a quick review on it"? because im an actor and my schedules realy random, so I want to commit, but there might be times where im busy.

Welcome to Dragonmount Capy.  I don't know if I am the best authority on the Band, but I recently completed the raw recruit setup.  Basically, when you join up over at the Band, you will be given access to the off-site boards.  There you will become a Raw Recruit for one months time (If your schedule limits access you can specify that for extended time frames).  At the normal rate you would spend 1 week with each of the regiments(Infantr, Cavalry, and the most fun Archers[i'm not biased really]).

Each regiment will have three tasks for you to do, they are fun ways to get you involved.  Some of the things I did were to play bartender at the a pub thread, or set up a thread to showcase performance song and dance, and I got to write some fun lyrics to the Jak O the Shadows pattern.  At the end of the three weeks you have one week to look around the band and pick your regiment. 

It can sound a little daunting, but I would say if you had at least 1/2 hour access every other day, you should be able to get through with no problems.  Also like I said above if you get less than that they will work with you.  Plus there are lots of fun things to do.  The Infantry has their Brawls/Drinking, Cavalry has the Jousting competition, and the Archers have the newly formed Carnival.

It really is a lot of fun and hope to see you soon.  I will make sure you have fun during your week with the archers.  ;)

Hey CapyDug, welcome to DM.

Samie got it right about the Band. It is ver well run by our Leader Corki, which is why it looks so proffessional. They are lots of things to do, some involve more work than others for which points are given to get promoted. But it is definately a fun place, and I do have to say the Infantry is the best... ;) There is even the band game that you can play. We do have a review section but for music cd's and places you have travelled too.

I would also like to recommend the Wolfkin. We are the Nature Org, but also have a lot of fun and we are more laid back. It is the home of TQ and Chilli, and even have our own TQ lake, and we would give you a special Wolfkin warm welcome should you pop along.

You can join more than one Org, but it is best to limit yourself to a couple at first and add later, but it is entirely up to you.

So hope to see you round the boards...have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahh, Darrow, you had me a little nervous for a moment there when I saw that your old username was deleted. Glad to see it was a name change and not a "hmmph, I'm shunning you DM. You didn't welcome me good enough." :P

Welcome to DM Darrow!  ;D  Seems to me that a busy guy like you needs a really laid back org. I recommend the Ogier. We have leisurely conversations about books, the wx, food, buildings and stuff, but mostly we relax around the hot springs and spa. It's just the thing after a long day of auditions. ;) But whatever you choose to do, I hope you enjoy yourself here.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nephitess

*runs in out of breath*

Welcome!!! We are glad to have you join the DM community.

Do you like to wield The Power, to be bonded or to bond or maybe just have a big shiny sword?? Then the White Tower (Org) is the place for you!

We from the White Tower (Org) would like to invite you to visit us. We are a community forum: we talk, play, discuss serious matters, get totally silly - the WT has something for everyone.

You join as a Novice or an Algai, and can become either a Warder (Der'Manshima) or an Aes Sedai - we have female Warders and Ajah brothers! Each Ajah is themed (for example the Greens are the most social and the Whites like logic) and the warders are working on building new disciplines that look very exciting. You can bond, or not - whichever is your choice. Something interesting to note...the Ajahs are not always like the book ones. For instance...most of the reds love men!

So please make yourself comfortable and have fun around here!

Archived