spigots or caudrens  

114 members have voted

1. 1. spigots or caudrens

• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

All right let's get this one rolling.  I obviously hate Nyneave, I think she is a rampaging, raunchy, ungrateful, unmitigated, hoebag of a beast.  I would love to write myself into the story so I could channel out her vocal cords, burn that damn braid she's always pulling, and give her a perma-cold so the next time she even thinks about sniffing she is so stuffed up she can't ever do it again.

If I was Mat, Juilin, Thom, Lan or any other person she has pulled her spoiled brat crap on, I would have gone off on her long ago.  I know some of you like Nyneave (I find that mind boggling), to each their own, but who else hates or at least dislikes her?

I hate her at times I guess. Her bitchy attitude and constant nagging and belittling of others gets on my nerves. And she can be very unappreciative of help...ask Mat, Thom, or Juilin.

On the other hand, she is very powerful and gets the job done when she needs to. Like helping to cleanse the taint. And if Lan, who is extremely cool, likes her, then there might be a hint of something to like about her somewhere....at least she is pretty.lol :)

All right let's get this one rolling.  I obviously hate Nyneave, I think she is a rampaging, raunchy, ungrateful, unmitigated, hoebag of a beast.  I would love to write myself into the story so I could channel out her vocal cords, burn that damn braid she's always pulling, and give her a perma-cold so the next time she even thinks about sniffing she is so stuffed up she can't ever do it again.

If I was Mat, Juilin, Thom, Lan or any other person she has pulled her spoiled brat crap on, I would have gone off on her long ago.  I know some of you like Nyneave (I find that mind boggling), to each their own, but who else hates or at least dislikes her?

I really like Nynaeve and I think that her and Lan are great together.

I think that she is just commanding and used to having people do things her way.

I still like her ;D

This is what I meant in another thread by people wanting to hate someone. If you look at any person, you can spin what they do and say into a negative or positive light.

All this said, I've wanted to slap that girl silly a few times myself ::)

That pretty much describes every woman in Randland.

Ain't that the truth...

Sorry - Not me.    I do admit that she was very annoying when she had to make herself mad to channel, but that was the whole plot device.

From the beginning she was one of the best characters in the book.    She left Two Rivers purely in order to save the Boys and Egewen from the evil AS.  She has had some hard times and issues along the way but she has stayed fiercely loyal to all her Two Rivers "charges".

Even though there have been times where her "braid pulling" really got on my nerves, I understood that it was something that she had to do.  She had to encourage her temper in order to channel.  Once that need was eliminated her "braid pulling" has almost stopped.

Even Rand when it came to the Cleansing - never even thought twice about asking her to help.    As paranoid as he is, she is one of the few that he would trust his life with hardly a second thought.

I can't say that I hate her, but there are some parts of her that irk me no end.

I admire her loyalty and her passion, and her drive to learn and heal. What I can't stand is her sexism - let's face it, when it comes to her views of men as a whole she's one of the worst in the book, though she has gotten better as time wore on - and her bullying, especially with people like Mat.

After Egwene, I find her the most fascinating character of those who left the Two Rivers.

Of course, sometimes she does or thinks something that really annoys me, but then, a character that never does anything bad or annoying would be "1 on my so far non-existing hatelist.

Nynaeve is my favorite female character  she isnt flighty and  doesnt put her ambitions  over doing what is right. she nags and complains sure  who doesnt  really ?  but at her core she is solid in her beliefs  and would do anything ( imo)  to help the 3  "boys"

Nynaeve has her bad moments true, but there are also the good moments. Namely help rand cleanse saidin. there are so many other characters deserving of hate htat i can't pile too much on Nynaeve.

as for the sexism, she's married to Lan and i'm pretty sure most of her sexism is in exasperated remarks.

I really don't get why people dislike Nyn. Sure, she can be bossy but I think that's completely natural considering her situation in the Two Rivers. Most considered her too young to be Wisdom (it doesn't help that she looks younger than she is) so she had to make a real fuss to get anything done. Now she has people denying the fact that she's an Aes Sedai which is probably even worse than not being taken seriously as a Wisdom. Anyway, Cadsuane is far worse than her. Not only is she incredibly bossy, she isn't half as nice lol.

There have been times when I've really disliked Nyn. Hate? Never.

I think a lot of it is that she had to grow up quickly and grew an inflated sense of herself. While she was wise beyond her years in many ways, she was also immature in others. I think she's done a lot of growing up and marriage seems to have anchored her.

She's someone that has a very strong personality but cares and loves very deeply and is extremely loyal.

She can be a laser beam when it comes to her  goals but that makes her a perfect AS.

• Community Administrator

I find the very notion that someone could actually hate, no, Loathe, a single character in a Fiction Novel to be quite silly.

Often times, people hate something they fear, or hate about them selves.

I mean, your expected to 'dislike', villians, but the good guys?

I mean... Really?

"btw, Why do I have this feeling, the majority of the people who hate the 'women' (You know which women, I'm talking about, are women them selves?" ;P

Ugh!!

Not hate, but a strong dislike. She's done some incredibly stupid things throughout the series. She antagonizes people unnecessarily and is generally the most ungracious, tactless and overbearing character from the Two Rivers bunch. The one thing above all others that I would hold against her is the fact that she was prepared to withhold from Mat the information that two of his men were killed by Moghedien. Then she berates Lan for telling him. There's absolutely no excuse for this type of behavior or lack of consideration for a supposed friend and ally.

>:(

Often times, people hate something they fear, or hate about them selves.

I mean, your expected to 'dislike', villians, but the good guys?

I mean... Really?

Yes, really. I don't hate any of the good guys but RJ wrote his 'good guys' with flaws. It's very realistic in that way. How many books do you find where one of the good guys chops off someone's hand (that isn't evil) to get information that he wanted?

I like Perrin, but I hated that moment.

Nynaeve is not a very nice person. She has many great qualites but I can see why people would really dislike her. I've wondered why people in the books put up with her. I do think hate is going too far but it's how RJ wrote her.

And hating characters in a fiction novel? Many of us really get into our reading, we transport ourselves there. What's the point of reading 12+ books if you're not gonna get into it?

There have been times where I definately wish I could tell her off.  And her block got really annoying for a while, but other than that she's good peoples.  The people I could say I hate are the ignorant characters, mainly the Children.  Having to listen to thier ignorance really gets my blood pumping, but that's probably what RJ was shootin for.  ;D

What? Who can hate that fascinating woman? She obviously care much for her fellow two-rivers folks, and many others too! She has a lot of will power (some call it stubbornness). She would perhaps do or say some things that others around her might think annoying (rightfully so, by all means), but that is just something that would make her human - who can say that they have never annoyed anyone else?

Archived