DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand's vision

Paviel

I'm curious as to what happened to Rand's eyes when Semirhage ambushed him in Knife of Dreams. The black flecks reminded me of the saa in Moridin's eyes that was supposedly the result of using the True Power, but Rand never did use the True Power.

And why was his vision so distorted after the battle? It seemed to be something different than the double-vision that he suffered at the end of A Crown of Swords, more like he was seeing through water...

It's a good question.  I'm not too sure on the answer, and I haven't read Knife of Dreams again since it came out (I'm currently rereading the series again and am only on book 5).  Part of me thinks it might be some kind of adverse reaction to the "link" with Moridin.  That Rand is taking some of the side effects of Moridin using the True Power.

Rand had a fireball explode just a few decimeters from his face. Stare into a very bright light for a few moments, and you will experience firt hand what the black flecks he sees are all about.

And that the vision is odd afterwards, he just hit his head against the ground, and his eyes are due to the exposure to bright light sensitive to light.

It has nothing to do with saa.

Anyone ever seen black or purple spots in front of them after a particularly bright camera-flash? Turn that semi-distant flash into a hot and bright ball of fire exploding inches from your face... yeah.

Part of his physical condition is a result of the deterioration of his mind and body. Whether that is entirely or partly because of the One Power, and/or some other factor unknown as of yet we have yet to know, as far as I am aware.

That'd actually be a pretty cool scene. That'll teach him to get drunk in those taverns with their dangerous cocktails.

As for Rand's vision, the reason it seems like it's underwater is most likely do to the damage from the fireball. Has anyone else looked at the sun for a minute or so? A very similar thing will happen. And the black spots, just look at a light bulb for thirty seconds or so. Now imagine it much, much brighter, and only an arm's length from you.

Guest durram laddel cham

it 'll probably be the fireball exploding close to him or he is in some sort of shock from the pain(it happens , I heard of a guy losing his leg without even noticing it because of the pain, lol that sounds weird)

but did Nyneave saw it because she was healing him or could other people see it to in Rand's eyes?

anyway i'll stick with the fire close to your eyes idea

Archived