DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Great Hunt

Illiara

He says he let the Grey man in, who attempted to kill either Rand or Suian. He didn't "arrange" the kidnapping of the Horn, he didn't know what would happen.

He goes after the Horn to win himself back to the Light because he believes that it will "cleanse" him of his bad deed.

Ingtar was a good man, he just made a few wrong turns, but his last stand at then end "redeemed" him, so now he walks with the Light.

in my eyes Ingtar was never really a darkfriend. he smeeded to good at the heart. he saved rand even when he knew what rand was and thats good enough for me.

Well he *did* swear the oaths...

I will accept his repentance as genuine, but I think he was at one time a sincere darkfriend. Your motives for becoming a darkfriend don't really matter once you become one.

J

Guest cwestervelt

I'm pretty sure that Ingtar was the Shienaran that "Bors" notes during the prologue when they are all given their orders. Besides that, he had to have done some pretty dirty stuff to have gotten recruited into the Darkfriends to begin with.

I too agree that he was sincere in his desire to return to the light. If I wanted to be cynical though, I would say that he wasn't and he was just desperate to get the Horn back as her realized that Fain betrayed them and he was afraid of the consequences for him. It's foreseeable that either wish could make him act as desperate as he was.

No matter what, abandoning the Dark and returning to the Light leaves you in a catch 22. If the good guys don't execute you for your crimes, the bad guys will murder you for your betrayal. They can't afford letting you live as you can provide at least a couple of other names, or recognition signals, or whatever, and from those names they can get other names...

Guest Majsju

TGH is book 2, if you're that early in your reading, you read this board on your own risk.

It's more or less taken for granted that most people who are on these boards are at least halfway through the series, and spoiler warnings is really not required except for KOD, and even that is not as important anymore.

TGH is book 2' date=' if you're that early in your reading, you read this board on your own risk.

It's more or less taken for granted that most people who are on these boards are at least halfway through the series, and spoiler warnings is really not required except for KOD, and even that is not as important anymore.[/quote']

Gotcha. I'm a new member and a new reader, so I'll have to stay off the boards outside of my own topic I guess. Sorry!

Guest Majsju

That's probably the best thing, start your own threads, and state from the beginning where you are in your reading, and that you don't want any spoilers.

But if you only read the first book... How can you post a topic that hasn't already been answered in later books. If some newbie were to state "I don't think Thom is dead what do you think" or "It's possbile that Elayas was a warder" that poster deserved the seroius flaming they will get.

When I finished tEotW for the first time I pictured Aiel as scary looking warriors with scary looking armor and scary looking swords. Boy was I wrong.

I am a firm believer in reading all the books before sitting at the grownup table.

Guest Majsju

Well, one reason could be that you just really can't understand something that happens, and wants to know if you have missed some piece of important information, or if it will be answered later (without having anyone blurtiing out that answer)

But everyone is different on that account. You wouldn't believe how many people that came begging for spoilers when I managed to get an early copy of KOD, even though the release was just a month away. Just shows how desperate we poor WOT-fans can get :lol:

And I was one of those beggin' for spoilers. But KoD wasn't released when you were giving them out. The day KoD was released I went and bought the book myself and have read it several times by now.

Guest Majsju

I know, there is a difference. But still, it does show the desperate need for even a trickle of information...If I only could be a fly on RJ's wall when he writes... :lol:

Archived