DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Healing rand's wounds

PrinceOfRavens

what is going on here? I was rereading a bit of Winter's heart and i came across a POV of nyneave.

She mentioned that she could not reach Rands side wounds because the power was held away from it somehow. She thought it was a ward of Saidin. Could it be that the wounds now cant hurt him (much) further but they also keep saidar out, To what purpose i really cannot say.

So please clarify this for me. Why did Flinn ward the wound from Saidar? Maybe if it wasnt, Nyneave could heal the wound.

The Ward wasn't designed to keep saidar out, that's merely a result of the Ward being woven with saidin - they repel each other. It's the same reason Rand was able to use saidar as a conduit for saidin during the Cleansing. They just don't mix.

It's doubtful that Nynaeve could do more than Flinn did as far as Healing the wounds. From what we've seen so far, Flinn probably has the strongest Healing short of Semirhage available in Randland. Nynaeve comes close, but she's not better.

And yes, the wounds are "stable" at the moment. Flinn's Wards have isolated the "evil" natures of the wounds so that, for now at least, they are feeding off of each other rather than attacking Rand's body.

I've just recently read the section where Rand is slashed with Padan Fain / Mat's Shadar Logoth dagger, and Flinn does what he can for him. I dont think he's intentionally protecting the wound from Saidin, I got the distinct impression that he was sealing it away from the rest of his body, to keep the... evil from the dagger from killing the rest of his body too. It was an internal sealing, rather than to protect it from anything external. But the answer is yes, it had the effect of being that no woman could touch the wound, as being saidin, it repels saidar. I think that's why when flinn has finished, Sumeko brushes past him and says "What did you do?" she touches Rand's side and her eyes widen, she says again "what did you do? You must tell me what you did" because she realises not only is Rand's body getting some respite for a while, but she cannot touch the wound with saidar.

It'd need to be a circle of men and women, you can't link just men, you always need women (atleast one more woman than man in most big circles).

And idunno weather it really would make a difference, the signs seem to be telling us that Rand is supossed to have that wound so *shruggie* plus what'd you do with a big pustule of evil once you've drawn it out? As it stands they're mostly fighting eachother rather than Rand, so it isn't killing him.

I think that it would be a great idea for Nynaeve and Flinn to work together to get Rand's wounds healed because then he could be at least a little more healthy to fight the DO and fix the Bore.

I HOPE that he does get at least his side healed.  At the moment he is looking pretty beat up.

Archived