DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Hawk?

Ko´bal

This is just a question I´ve been thinking about for a long time. Who is the hawk that Perrin will meet and that he´s supposed to followed by? Is it Berelain?

If it is it will be interesting to see which one he will end up with in the end. In one of Egwene´s dreams the hawk and the falcon are ready to slit each others throats, and Min also sees Perrin with to women one hawk and one falcon. Berelain is single. Could it be that Perrin marries them both? It would certainly be fun if he did... :)

I'm also interested in how this ends . The hawk is certainly Berelain and I too would love him marrying both ala Rand .

I posted this in Perrin wolfking or doofus thread , it contains my thoughts on Berelain issue

"Hmm is it just me or has berelain is developing into an interesting character . She seemed very loyal to Perrin even if it was Faile he was hunting for . Her army leader didn't like it , but she was ready to risk her life and army for Perrin's cause . She even tells Perrin that she slept only twice so far with other men both being for political reasons .

I think she was in the beginning thinking of sleeping with Rand or Perrin to develop her political career but slowly maybe due to Perrin's resistance and dealing with honest people for a change  instead of all the crooked game of the houses and its double speak.

She is now a considerable ally to Rand trusted by him , the aiel leader Rhuriac and the wise women . I have a feeling the wise women are sympathetic to her because she sincerely loves Perrin now and has no chance to get him .

I just loved Perrin's character development till Domain wells . It felt a bit stupid when he asks Rand to ensure safety of the Aes Sedai and protect them from the wise woman . I mean he knows Rand well that he can't harm woman , that Rand's maiden counting arc and all .

Then his dealing with messana and that whole rescue Faile arc was downright boring and stupid . It didn't matter him how many lives he was risking and that alliance with the Seachen and then him saying he would even ally with the dark one to rescue her. He has totally lost his grip and perspective .

Perrin was my favorite character after  Rand for a lot of books but now Mat's replaced it with his impressive growth and courage . Right now for me , Perrin is down with Egwene  ."

However that prophecy that Berelian might fall head in heels over Galad think is bothering me . It is clear from many viewings including Min's and Egwene's that the hawk is an important part of Perrin and she was with him in most of the  story.

A sudden twist where she falls in love with Galad in the last book doesn't make any sense . It would ruin the plot development of Berelain vs Faile developed in the other books.

However that prophecy that Berelian might fall head in heels over Galad think is bothering me . It is clear from many viewings including Min's and Egwene's that the hawk is an important part of Perrin and she was with him in most of the  story.

A sudden twist where she falls in love with Galad in the last book doesn't make any sense . It would ruin the plot development of Berelain vs Faile developed in the other books.

Berelaine falling in love with galad does not mean she would stop being important to Perrin. Heck, if the feelings are returned, that might give him a lot of help dealing with the whitecloaks under Galads command, since there are certain individuals there who has little love for Perrin, and Perrin certainly has none for whitecloaks.

And I don't see how falling in love would make Berelaine toss duty out the window. Despite all her flirting, she seems as one of the more responsible characters in the series, especially after her little chat with Rhuarc. If she has given her word to assist Perrin, she will keep it.

And the Faile vs Berelaine thing seemed to kinda die during Perrins chase for Faile, as Perrins nose told him several times.

At least until Faile hears about Perrin spending a night in Berelains tent...

A little like Faramir and ... whats-her-face in tLotR. She was after Aragorn all the way through, until the very end.

For a long time I thought that Faile and Berelain would end up in some situation together in which they would have to rely on one another for survival.  This of course would be excrusiating to both of them at first but eventually they would become very close and having been exposed to Aiel ways would decided to become Sister-Wives.  This would be a move that Perrin would be resistant to at first but through Faile's badgering and Berelain's manipulation he would eventually agree to it.

However, it now seems that Berelain is destined for Galad and I agree with Majsju's theory on how this will unfold.  In a way the pairing of Berelain and Galad is very appropriate in that they are both very misunderstood characters.  At first each seemed somewhat malicious or at best inadvertantly destructive to the cause of The Light, however, it seems that each is a very good person and will be an asset to The Light (thought I hope that Galad will learn to lighten up a bit).   

Archived