DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Stupid question, but...

Cabriana

Nynaeve is the one with her eyes closed, braid over her shoulder and the kisain painted on her forehead, right?

I'm talking about the girl with the dark hair and and slanted eyes.

Of the women I've seen, I assume one is Egwene (long hair down, and unbound,) Nynaeve, Avienda as a maiden, and a woman I can't identify.

I think the major problem here is that Saldaeans are not Asian...they merely have slanted eyes similar to Far East Asians.  Otherwise they have all sorts of colored hair, are generally caucasion in appearance and tend to run toward big noses in the Royal family (Faile, Davram, and Tenobia all have large noses) 

I love those too, i currently have Birgitte pointing her arrow out of my monitor. I alternate between her, Moiraine and Min until Lanfear or Berelain comes along.

The pictures at the top, i see Faile (asian girl), Egwene (dark hair down - you can actually see the 7-striped stole on her shoulder), Nyn, Mat, Rand, what i've always taken as Aviendha although she has long hair, Moiraine, Taim, a male Aiel and a couple others i can't remember.

As a follow up...

I concede that it isn't Tuon. Forget the whole skin tone issue; Tuon is supposed to have a shaved head (or stubble, for KoD when she has been away from the razor for a while). No offence to the artist (its a stellar image, no matter whom its supposed to portray), but it doesn't scream "Faile" to me.

I don't think Tuon is black, she's supposed to be a decendent of Artur Hawkwing.  Was he black?

She is referred to in the series as being quite dark. If not Black then (as Cari an Imsoan pointed out) a dark Nepalese or an Indian. Fact that Tuon is descended from a White man does not preclude her from being ba

Black. The ruling family has bee in Seanchen a thousand years interbreeding with the locals (some of which are definately described as black). Remember, Thomas Jefferson was definately a White man but DNA tests have proven that he has many descendents that are "black".

TITLE: Great Hunt 

CHAPTER: 47 - The Grave Is No Bar to My Call 

He knew the man who rode at their head, too. Tall and hook-nosed, with dark, deep-set eyes, his great sword justice at his side. Artur Hawkwing.

Here is one of the few descriptions we have of him...perhaps the only physical description.  It doesn't specify what skin color he is. 

Yup Tuon is absolutely black. I think there's a few references to it. Mat does indeed call her an ebony porcelain doll or something to that effect. i think she's quite short too?

I also get the impression that Juilin is black, am I right? There are quite a few references to someone being 'almost as dark as juilin' or 'as pale as juilin was dark'.

Archived