DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Quotes/Sayings

Jelly

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who only dream by night"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?"

-Sandman

"The heart has its reasons, of which the mind knows nothing."

-Blaine Pascal

"If thou rememb'rest not the slightest folly into which love hast made thee run, though hast not loved."

-William Shakespeare

If you believe in freedom of speech, you believe in freedom of speech for views you don't like. Goebbels was in favor of freedom of speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you're in favor of freedom of speech, that means you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise.

Noam Chomsky

For after all the great religions have been preached and expounded, or have been revealed by brilliant scholars, or have been written in fine books and embellished in fine language with finer covers, man, - all man - is still confronted by the Great Mystery.

Luther Standing Bear

He who thinks he knows, doesn't know.  He who knows he doesn't know, knows.

Jo Campbell.

Wisdom from the Fat Cat himself, Garfield:

- Quick, call the lollipop factory. They want you to pose for the world's biggest sucker.

- This show is K-rated. No adults and less a company by a kid

- A little ego goes nowhere.

- All I do is eat and sleep. Eat and sleep. Eat and sleep. There must be more to a cat's life than that. But I hope not.

- Anybody can exercise... But this kind of lethargy takes real discipline.

- Avoid fruits and nuts: after all, you are what you eat.

- Eat every meal as though it were your last.

- Good times are ahead ! Or behind. Because they sure aren't here.

- His I.Q. is so low you can't test it. You have to dig for it.

- I am hungry. Therefore I am.

- I eat too much because I'm depressed, and I'm depressed because I eat too much. It's a vicious circle... that took years to perfect!

- I shall now attempt to eat a diet lunch consisting of one leaf of lettuce lightly seasoned with ... one quart of Mayonnaise !

- I'm not messy. I'm organizationally challenged !

- If you are patient...and wait long enough...Nothing will happen !

- If you want to appear smarter, hang around someone stupider.

- Never leave your food dish under a bird cage.

- Odie, let's talk effort versus return here. You know, you can still lead a pointless life without all that running around.

- Oh no! I overslept ! I'm late ! For my nap.

Guest Kira Rayen

"Don't argue with stupid people, They'll bring you to there level and beat you with experience"

- not sure who it's by I read it once.

• 1 month later...

Archived