DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What will happen to the Chosen?

Graendals favourite

Warning, contains spoilers and stereotypes:

I did this a few years ago, and out of memory it now possible to do an update with KoD included. There is an undoubted logic to events in the books, based on the Forsaken's names and former occupations in AoL, according to the BWB, and by what happens to them:

Ishamael- the philosopher

Balthamel- the historian

Aginor- the mad scientist aka frankenstein

Be'lal- the lawyer

Asmodean- the musician, the failed child prodigy

Lanfear- the physicist, the ambitious one

Rahvin- the celebrity of whom nothing else is knows aside from the celebrity.

Sammael- the less bright athlete

Moghedien- the cowardly business consultant

Graendal- the psychiatrist, aka hannibal lecter

Mesaana- the teacher, failed researcher

Semirhage- the sadistic doctor

Demandred- the politician

First of all the historian is covered by mould and fungus. Him dead the mad scientists grew too greedy and died of overdose.

The couple of the first books the philosopher spent trying to decide amongst other things whether to live or die.

Then, RJ really must have had something against lawiers, for upon introduction the lawier is killed irreversibly. The philosopher decides to die for a change.

Then, the musician turns mainstream and is killed by his critics. The phycisian opens one door too many and get burned, while the celebrity gets utterly and completely erased, so that even his best efforts are forgotten.

Meanwhile, the historian and scientist are brought back as a pair of knives, to work together. The philosopher also decides to come back to life, but cleverly manages to be death itself at the same time. The business advisor who was collared to the service of the public is bound to serve the dead philosopher, along with the phycisian who is given one more chance.

The athlete resorts to cheating and lies, and perishes in a fog never to be seen again.

Then the mad scientists gets greedy again, and while the business advisor is being thrown into a black pit, the historian is reduced to a masseusse.

The future is unknown. The dead philosopher has finally contacted the psychiatrist, and now employes an emboldened business advisor and the last chance physicist, while the doctor is about the taste her own medicine. The masseusse has been kicked out of service and is loose, while the teacher, of whom no one seems to be certain who she is, and the politician, who has been speaking much though he hasn't been seen doing anything, must do without health care.

What will happen in MoL? This is not all, feel free to add to it, too.  ;)

Yeah, it's the heat of the moment I'm looking forward to, not the killing.  :P

As far as killing goes, I don't think Balthamel's a match for Graendal, so I'm sure she'll get the better of the bargain. RJ indicated in an interview that Aginor was likely to have offed Balthamel at the Eye if he hadn't fried himself while wrestling with Rand for control of the Eye, and I think Graendal's certainly a step above Aginor. Balthamel's thinking with the organ he no longer has, and he'll regret it for that split second before he turns to dust motes in the air, like Bel'al did.

I think Graendal's certainly a step above Aginor. Balthamel's thinking with the organ he no longer has, and he'll regret it for that split second before he turns to dust motes in the air, like Bel'al did.

In the BWB it states that Aginor is second to Ishamael in the OP. Even taking into account the fact that Sammael and Demandred joined the shadow afterwards, I find it very unlikely that Aginor stands below any of the female Forsaken, save Lanfear, in the Power.

He stood above Elza in the Power too, but she offed him. All Graendal needs to be is a better manipulator and /or more competent in general than Aran'Gar in order to come out ahead, and I don't think there's any doubt of that. I was using the superior (to Balthamel) Aginor as an example, alluding that she's more competent than he was, too. I didn't mean sheer strength in the OP, I meant overall superiority. Graendal is one of best of the FS, while Aginor was a boob. If Aginor, according to RJ, was about to destroy Balthamel, then Balthamel, as Aran'Gar, doesn't stand a chance against Graendal, especially being largely motivated by lust.  ;)

He stood above Elza in the Power too, but she offed him

Well ... to be fair, Elza was leading a circle with Callandor in it ...

But yes, the fact that Aran'gar is probably as strong (or possibly stronger) in the Power as Graendal is not indicative.  RJ has made pretty clear (through examples like the death of Be'lal) that raw strength (no pun intended) is a secondary consideration in combat with the Power.

The psychiatrist would trounce the male-turned-female historian-turned-massage therapist.

Archived