DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aviendha's book ter'angreal (KOD spoiler)

hurryupnwait

I was just wondering if anyone else grasped the significance of the ter'angreal that has books stored in it.  The Brown Ajah and the groups of scholars Rand has been gathering would KILL to get there hands on it.  How many times through this series have we heard about manuscripts and books that only scraps or just the title remain for.  This could be another answer for the reclaiming of lost knowledge.  Who knows what priceless knowledge could be stored in there.  World altering, life altering, priceless knowledge. 

I rate the technology level in Randland to the equivalent of late 1700s/ early 1800s.  Imagine if someone in that time got their hands on a computer disc full of knowledge from now or even several centuries from now.  Of course there would be the not so minor obstacle of reading that disc.  In Randland they have no such obstacle.  Most Brown Ajah and Scholars can read the Old Tongue to some degree and Aviendha has already puzzled out how to use the ter'angreal.

was wondering the same thing as I'm rereading the current series...particulary the books that are written about how to use The Portal Stones that we've heard talk about quite a bit in the first 4 books, but apparently there are no copies left.....that, among many other books that are referred throughout the series.

Well, duh ... that is how Rand finds out what to do to beat the Dark One.

Rand: "Well guys, Tarmon Gaidon is here ... but I'm not really sure exactly what to ..."

Aviendha walks up with the library ter'angreal.

Aviendha: "Hey, Rand!  I think this one is about ... us!"

Rand: "No way!"

Aviendha: "Yeah ... its um ... got the igloo scene?!!"

Rand: "Hehehe ... that was a good one."

Elayne: "Igloo?"

Min: "How come she gets the kinky getaway?"

Rand: "Um ... can we talk about that later?  What else does it say, Aviendha?"

Aviendha: "Well ... Min's been getting alot more than we ha.."

Rand: "About the DARK ONE, Aviendha ..."

Elayne: "Aviendha gets a trip to Seanchan, Min gets lots of alone time, and all I get is this stupid flower ..."

Aviendha: "Hey, I made the gateway to Seanchan myself!  You could have if you wanted to!"

Min: "Well, I couldn't!"

Elayne: "Oh can it, at least he took you with him."

Min: "Well, yeah, I'm not the Queeeeeen of Andooooor oooohhhh look at my in my pretty dress ..."

Rand: "You guys are making too much of this ... I nearly froze my toes off ..."

Aviendha:  "Oh, so now you're making toe jokes too?"

Min: "Oh please you are sooooo sensitive about that."

Aviendha: "Yeah, well, maybe if I saw him more than once every couple of months ..."

Girls walk off, still arguing ...

Mat: "So ... um ... are they gonna tell us?  'Cause the Trollocs are coming ..."

Perrin: "Now I regret all those times I thought 'Rand knows so much more about women'."

Rand: "Thanks guys.  Big help there.  Mat, just blow the Horn and hold 'em off ... I'll see if I can get the ter'angreal."

That's it! That's how they win Tarmon Gaidon - at the Last Battle, Rand instigates a massive argument between his girlies, then the DO comes in and tries to interrupt... the girls could finish him off no problem!

Min "Well YOU got babies!!! I dont get babies do i?"

Avi "Oh shut up, wetlander, when you get as much as you do as OFTEN as you do, I dont think you're in a place to complain!!"

Elayne "BABIES!!!, let me tell YOU about Babies and YOU - YOU were supposed to be looking after him, not going on a trip to Seanchan!!"

(Rand looks from one to the other... they seem to be calming down...)

Rand "Elayne its not Min's fault you got pregnant first time 'round" (smug smile as she colours up with fury

(DO enters to the left, weapon in hand)

DO "I AM THE GREAT LORD OF THE DARK, ALL MUST OBEY ME!"

(Elayne, Aviendha and Min turn as one to look at him with that flat, sharp 'dont-you-start-with-me-i'm-not-in-the-mood glare)

Elayne "Great Lord of the Dark. Are you? Well I'm pregnant, she's Aiel and she gets WAY too much sex. And who do you think you are, strolling in here.....

DO "Uh, sorry, ah, er, yes quite, pregnant? well, congratulations... er... is the Dragon Reborn here?"

(Rand, Mat and Perrin put their feet up and watch as the DO is badgered and kicked all the way back to Shayol Ghul.

Archived