DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'Other Man'

trakand_01

Another thing i've picked up in CoS is a viewing that Min has, that perhaps Rand has mis-interpreted.

After he finally comes out of his seclusion and they have their little heart-to-heart, one of the things she says is that she hasnt told him all her viewings. She tells  him that she has seen him, and another man and they merge, one dies, one lives.

Rand takes this to be him and LTT (and strangely thinks to himself "but i've always know i'm going to die) but could it be the whole body-swap thing she's seeing?

I'm afraid i'm not familiar where the body-swap theory came from but could it be something to do with this?

Even if it is, I think this is another example of Min being important to Rand - he had convinced himself he was mad, but with HIS understanding of her viewing, he changes his mind, thinks that he ISNT mad, its all fated to hear LTT. I disagree, i think he is going mad, but this has calmed him, given him the courage to continue along his path.

That viewing is part of a long long of prophecies that support the body swap. Lucker's takes it to mean that the other guy is Moradin, but I'm sure he'll be around to give you a link or explain it in full.

• 1 month later...
Guest Dreadlord

pretty sure i started the bodyswap theory ages ago. or i was first to mention it on dragonmount before they changed the site. the thing that bothers me though, is that if the other guy was moridin, surely LTT would know? i mean, ishamael and all them knew that rand is lews therin just by looking at him (and it isnt physical resemblance) so why shouldnt lews therin be able to tell that moridin is ishy? i think the "other" may be someone we havent seen yet, maybe it could be another incarnation of the dragon before lews therin himself???

Ishy and the rest did not recognize Rand as LTT just by looking at him. If you look sat tEOTW, Ishy is giving the same dream to all the three blokes, since he does not know which one of them he is looking for. It takes the shadow some time to figure it out.

Guest Dreadlord

ah yes of course, and i remember now that the other forsaken commented that ishy said it wasnt hard to find a taveren...my error sorry

Archived