DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Confused Mental Image

trakand_01

hi Guys,

Sorry for the increased posts, i'm on my 4th re-read of books 1-7, 3rd of 8-9 and 2nd of 10 (I've never read 11) and am coming to the end of book 7  - before i go on to the ones i'm less familiar with, I want to nail everything i'm not certain on first to save confusion later in the books when the plots get a bit hectic.

I have a confused mental image of the throne rooms in the 2 palaces - Caemlyn and Cairhein. I think the confusion comes from the fact that he goes between one and the other so regularly, i cant get a full mental image of one of them clearly.

I have two images to be specific (quite apt) but i cant put one to Caemlyn and one to Cairhein - can you help?

I have one image of a large, grand room with lots of spare space, a large domed ceiling and stained-glass windows. This is the one where Rand met the nobles (so it must be Caemlyn) and looked up at the ceiling / windows, after learning Tigraine was his mother. I imagine this room to be large and grand.

The second room image, is much smaller, but i think its the same room. It has a few rows of chairs with an aisle down the middle, and is where Rand smashed the mirrors during his first meeting with Cadsuane, and later 'got it on' with Min. However i recall that as Cadsuane entered,  Rand was talking with Berelain - was she not governing Caemlyn in his absence?

So i seem to have two images for the same room - i'm certain the one where he met Cadsuane was the throne room as he lounged on the horrible thing whilst talking with her, and later Min described the dais as being toppled, the throne in shards (after Rand learned about Herid Fel).

So what does the throne room in Cairhein look like?!

Another memory is that the smaller room is the one where Rand hid Egwene, when the AS came to visit, and the room from which he was kidnapped.

HOWEVER the bigger room in my memory is where he deposed Colavere, but that must be the same room as the one above...

have one image of a large, grand room with lots of spare space, a large domed ceiling and stained-glass windows. This is the one where Rand met the nobles (so it must be Caemlyn) and looked up at the ceiling / windows, after learning Tigraine was his mother. I imagine this room to be large and grand.

The second room image, is much smaller, but i think its the same room. It has a few rows of chairs with an aisle down the middle, and is where Rand smashed the mirrors during his first meeting with Cadsuane, and later 'got it on' with Min. However i recall that as Cadsuane entered,  Rand was talking with Berelain - was she not governing Caemlyn in his absence?

The first one is Caemlyn.

The second one is Cairhien, and Berelain was put in charge of Cairhien together with Rhuarc. Only, it is not the ythrone room, but Rands apartment in the palace. His encounter with Colavere took place in the throne room, but that was her choice of location. Rand usually prefers his apartments when he sees people.

Archived