DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Character Comparisons

trakand_01

I just got to thinking, how Elayne reminds me a fair bit of Ce'Nedra, wife of Garion (the hero) in the Belgariad / Mallorean books by David Eddings (??)? Also (cue Terry Goodkind scorn) Birgitte seems to physically resemble Cara, Mord'Sith in the Sword of Truth series... apart from all the skin-tight leather of course, although i'm sure Birgitte would actually quite enjoy that.

Perhaps that's the answer - Rand could do with his very own Belgariad. I guess Moiraine was the closest he got, but she can't instruct him in Saidin. More of a Polgara.

I just got to thinking, how Elayne reminds me a fair bit of Ce'Nedra, wife of Garion (the hero) in the Belgariad / Mallorean books by David Eddings (??)? Also (cue Terry Goodkind scorn) Birgitte seems to physically resemble Cara, Mord'Sith in the Sword of Truth series... apart from all the skin-tight leather of course, although i'm sure Birgitte would actually quite enjoy that.

Perhaps that's the answer - Rand could do with his very own Belgariad. I guess Moiraine was the closest he got, but she can't instruct him in Saidin. More of a Polgara.

Tbh, with the amount of characters in TWOT there will be simularities. Cara was made later then birgitte, so that would be the other way if tehre was copying, Ce´nedra sure, that would be possible, I don´t have a clue if RJ would have read that thou.

Also, all writer catch inspiration from different places, and molds it into theyr own stories, to some extent this is fine. Then one might think some writer take it to far but that s another thing.

//dyring

Archived