DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Watcher

trakand_01

I'm reading CoS, and have just read the chapter 'Patterns within Patterns' where Sevanna and her Wise Ones are met by what we know to be Sammael and Graendal.

After the meeting, whilst the forsaken are walking back through the woods, a 'watcher' follows them. The watcher remarks on each of the pair, describing personality traits that suggest they are known to it (the watcher). Who is the watcher? Could it be Demandred? I got the distinct feeling it was male.

I would go with Moridin as well. There was a risk of being detected if the watcher had been using saidar or saidin, perhaps even with the ability hidden, whereas with the True Power only the user can 'feel' anything (something close to that).

Not to mention that, as BrainFireBob said, Moridin would go with the True Power anytime.

Yes, definitely.

Thanks for the help. Speaking of another 'watcher', the chapter before this one followed Idrien and another of the black AS as they tortured an Ebou Dari healer woman to try and find out where the cache of angreal were. She died, and the two hired thugs carried her out in a barrow full of earth and other stable-muck. Someone watched them do it, someone was sat in the alley, watching. Another passer-by entered the alley, and started to approach the watcher as if to mug / attack, but getting a good look at them, thought twice. The watcher knew the two thugs (which suggested a local) but who is this?

Archived