DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big White Book

GoodGrief

My copy has gone walkabout. If memory serves there is a section detailing the Ajah ratios. Can anyone with a copy of The Guide handy look them up for me? Or if what I'm thinking of is in fact elsewhere can anyone point me in the right direction? I have muffins for all useful answers  ;)

Off the top of my head, Red is the largest followed closely by the Green.  The White is the smallest, the Blue is a smaller Ajah and the rest fall somewhere in between.  We were discussing it once and we guestimated that hte Red were somewhere around 200+ Sisters, and the White around 50 or something like that.  There was alot of math and ratios into that reasoning that I dont remember right now (its been like a year since we discussed it) but I think that it is somewhat accurate.

Davian pretty much hit it.  The BWB, p 219 inset, estimates that 20% (1in 5) are Red Ajah. The Green Ajah is only slightly smaller, then the others ,in order from largest to smallest, are; Gray, Brown, Yellow, Blue, and White.

With the huge numbers of novices collected by the Salidar Aes Sedai, it is likely that those proportions will soon change.

Only when they can start raising them. It makes one wonder wether they will raise some from novice almost immediately to AS, with a brief (only about six months) layover as an Accepted. They are going to need as many competent sisters as they can get for TG, and fast raisings have happend before, durring the Trolloc Wars, and TG is much bigger than that.

They are going to need as many competent sisters as they can get for TG

They will need as many competent channelers as they can get.  I don't think they'll be worried about the title ... its not like becoming a raised to the shawl makes you a better channeler.  I mean, Egwene probably won't hold back the ones that are ready, but I doubt there will be much time before Tarmon Gai'don for many to be raised.  They'll most likely serve as power-generators in linked circles with experienced Sisters.

Yep, although it's gonna turn into a mess when a black sister gets control of a circle full of novice/accepted batteries, although a Sister in the circle wouldn't be much more able to do something about it.

Isn't it possible to "rip" the control of a circle away from someonezzzzzzZ? Painful, but possible. And though Egwene is stubborn to a fault, she isn't stupid. She would make sure that those leading the circles are onse she trust. And if she couldn't, she would have at leasat two AS in each to reduce the chances of it being controled by a BA.

Isn't it possible to "rip" the control of a circle away from someonezzzzzzZ? Painful, but possible.

No, it isn't. Control must be actively surrendered by the leader of the circle. Now, if you rip that surrendered control away to swiftly it is painful to the previous leader, but unless that leader was permissave, its impossible.

Isn't it possible to "rip" the control of a circle away from someonezzzzzzZ? Painful, but possible.

Indeed, it is not possible.  That was the basis for Elayne's plan in KoD ch 31 ... she didn't know if it was Sareitha or Careane who was Black Ajah, so she had them in subordinate positions in the link, so that they would be under control.

They are going to need as many competent sisters as they can get for TG

They will need as many competent channelers as they can get.  I don't think they'll be worried about the title ...

In fact, they probably would be better off without the title, as the Accepted and Novices aren't bound by the 3 oaths, and so would be able to attack the non-shadowspawn Shadow forces without feeling in danger

Archived