DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ara's Testing and Oaths

Nephitess

Guest nephitess

OOC: Ok so I’m bringing her back! *is excited* She is about 35 years old at this point. She will be going white.

IC: Ara put down her book and stood. Stretching she felt her back crack. She had been sitting to long and her head was filled with the history of the economics in Ebu Dar. It was a dry subject…but she new it was good to know about different countries. She had a Class to teach in about 30 minutes. Gathering her brilliant red hair into a twist she gathered her things together.

AS she walked to the classrooms she thought about her time in the tower. She knew he time for raising would be soon…She had spent long years as an accepted and knew from her talks with sisters and the Mistress of Novices that her time would come soon but unexpectedly. She had thought long hours on what Ajah she would join…She still was undecided…but she knew two called to her. Brown or White? It would have to decided upon under meditation and deep contemplation.

Arriving to her class she taught about the One Power to a group of Novices. They were just beginning so did not see much success. Even though they were not progressing in the touching of the source, they were intelligent girls..asking good questions and learning facts quickly. She was please with their sponge like brains unlike some classes she had to teach. Some of her classes were gossipy girl who needed a penance for wasting time. As she dismissed her class she picked up and used the power to quickly dust the board. Turning around she was surprised to see the Mistress of Novices standing there.

Surprised: they were always surprised; it came with the territory. There was definite merit in keeping Accepted off guard. Why else would she repeatedly sneak up behind them? Ah, well, one of life’s great mysteries, she guessed. Very few stood in the presence of the Mistress of Novices, Darienna Sedai, without some form of disadvantage; not only was each Novice and Accepted weighed, measured and placed in a jar on her shelf, but she was very good about keeping her collection tidy.

Darienna felt severe déjà vu, almost as if ten minutes before she had conducted this very same student to her testing. Obviously she hadn’t, or she wouldn’t need to do it a second time. After many years it was tempting to decide that the faces changed while the girls remained the same but this was untrue, life as Mistress of Novices was not so gloriously easy.

“Come with me, please.” As usual she led and the Accepted followed and again the world was all a-silence. Silence was, by its nature, a more economical: waste not a word, want not a word. Just as well that the chamber of testing was so far down and that she was up so high. It wasn’t as though she had enough work to do besides this and would hate for her fitness to suffer.

They reached the chamber, which for some reason I really want to addendum with ‘of secrets’, and Darienna was only puffing slightly. One was never too old for sarcasm.

OOC: I feel like I've been here before.