DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

the Ter'angreal that makes the warders cloaks

Lunan

Fancloth is indeed the material of the shifting Warder cloaks, and making it is the purpose of the ter'angreal in the Tower that is used for that purpose.  Fancloth is excellent camoflauge, blending effectively into the background.

Streith is the material of the dress that Graendal wears.  It is not (as far as we know) made by the ter'angreal in the Tower.  Streith does not blend into the background, but rather, changes color with the emotions of wearer.  Think of it as wearing a really accurate mood ring, all over.

Which raises the question, did he find it in a stasis box, did he find a second ter'angreal producing fancloth, or did he sneak into the WT to make it?

We don't know, naturally, but if I had to lay money, I'd say he had the Black Ajah snatch him up some over the years ... I imagine he had some stockpiles of certain things built up over 3000 years of on-again-off-again containment.

We don't know, naturally, but if I had to lay money, I'd say he had the Black Ajah snatch him up some over the years ... I imagine he had some stockpiles of certain things built up over 3000 years of on-again-off-again containment.

could be any of those explanations.  Althougth as RAW says, it couldn't be that difficult for him to obtain it considering.

Moridin uses fancloth when he's spying on Sammael and Graendal in ACOS.

Which raises the question, did he find it in a stasis box, did he find a second ter'angreal producing fancloth, or did he sneak into the WT to make it?

Maybe all the warders who have met there end in the blight have been picked clean of everything, including the cloaks. Or maybe he got it from Messana, I don't know why she would do that, but I see it as possible.

Archived