DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

No more light?

Lord Vile

I am new to the board so forgive if this is an old posting.

Has anyone else thought about the title "A Memory of Light" being linked to the finn prophecy about Mat removing half the light from the world? Does that mean the final battle will cause all channeling to stop? (or at least half of it)

The Light is not channeling. I also don't see channeling going away altogether at the end of the books... indeed, if it did i would send RJ a STRONGLY WORDED LETTER (yeah dude, be afraid). Ive seen it done other times. It was done by Ian Irvine, and its just a crappy way to end.

That being said i think that there might be some connection... maybe Mat sacrifices one half of the free people of the light in order for victory to be achieved... i mean, he has the sort of military genuis to see if that sort of sacrifice is nessasary.

I think the title A Memory of Light and the twice dawns the day prophecy are connected. At some point during TG the world will literally be dark and the forces of the Light will be utterly dejected until someone(Rand or Mat or whoever) stirs them to remember the stakes and fight on.

• 9 months later...

I always thought that the title meant that the people in randland should remember the light as in the forces of good, the dragon reborn(Rand), after TG. Everyone should remember him and his doing that saved everyone from the DO. He should be given credit to saving the world.

I always thought it meant that the Last Battle would be so horrible that there would only be a Memory of Light left. Children born during the Last Battle won't know what it's like to live in a good world. Woe to everyone who lives during Tarmon Gai'don.

Archived