DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Foreshadowing

Kura

Since there are far to many pieces of foreshadowing to make a poll, we'll just keep this a thread.

What is your favorite piece of foreshadowing? Personally, I like the game of Snakes and Foxes. It shows Mat how to handle things in Finnland, and Oliver continuously wanting to play, makes it seem semi-important, which we know now it is. Regardless, your favorite foreshadows?

I can't find where it is, but I am pretty sure it is in aCoS, tPoD, or WH. There is a guy mentioned, and I think it is in one of the North-Eastern countries of Randland, in some secondary or tertiary character's POV, and he has a hanging scar on his neck, and is missing a left eye. Foreshadowing what is seemingly supposed to happen to Mat, or what already has.

When Rand says, he would rather loose a hand than use the op.  Also when mat says he would rather loose an eye than do something(foregt what it was).  Also, when that inn keeper says to thom, playing the game is a good way to get your throut cut, and than later Dena has her throut cut.

When Verin asks Perrin when he will give up the axe.

This one is my second favorite......

My favorite being the very first lines of the prolugue to TEotW  where RJ so clearly forshadowed the last scene of the last book, the singing of the bore shut ;D

"Let the Prince of the Morning sing to the land that green things will grow and the valleys give forth lambs...."

Heh, on another reread of tEotW, I found something kinda funny. In the scene before Moraine uses her angreal for the wall of fire, and right after Lan cuts off the Fade's head, Mat was the only one to get pulled off his horse. He was rubbing his neck from where the trolloc hoops grabbed him.  :D

Also in tEotW, Min yelling at Rand that he can't get away from her. It was funny, and an obvious foreshadowing.

Archived