DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Min's Bond

dmanmiller34

I had this thought from reading another thread but How will Min's Bond effect her age wise? We know that channelers live extra long lives. Alos i cannot remember any account of a warder dying of Old age while their Aes sedai was still young. So do Warders get the age longevity for their channeling counter part? IF so then Min should live just as long as the twosome she's with.(Assuming that Rand survives TG.) What do you think?

Well I certainly remember cases where Warders were described as looking old and gnarled, yet still looking deadly as ever. While their Aes Sedai were described as still looking young...Now even if the Aes Sedai only looked young the fact the the Warder was described as old in any way, surely shows that the Warder Bond doesn't allow you to live as long as your Aes Sedai. I suppose you could argue the the Warder was only Bonded at an old age, but I don't see that happening too often personally...It is possible that part of the benefits of the Warder Bond offer some sort of 'slowing' but nothing near what the Aes Sedai themselves receive.

Another thing I wonder about Min's bond is:

Does she fall under 'bonder' or 'bondee'. In other words, if Elayne were to die, would she experience 'warder rage' or the Aes Sedai type of grief. For that matter I wonder how it would affect all of them.

Here's the quote:

Date: 2000-04-04 | Location: Netherlands from Emma

Type: Live | Questioner: Unknown 

Q: Do warders have a regular lifespan?

A: Yes they do. They hang on to what you would call 'vitality' longer than the average man, but they live a normal lifespan. They do get things out of the bond, but not a longer life.

Here´s also the question that Min cannot channel. The longer lifespan are connected with the ability to channel as is clearly stated in the books (the kin). The Aes Sedai have shorter lifespan because of the oath rod but still much longer than any normal human. Since Min, though an exceptional one, is still a normal woman the bond shouldn´t make it certain that she has that much longer life than anyone else. It´s possible that she can get a few more years but not much I think...  :'(

Yeah, but there is another unknown factor that I doubt we will ever be able to find out. Min's Oracle ability, does it add longevity like channeling does? Or have any effect on her life besides from seeing the pattern? We have no evidence for or against, but I'm gonna say it does extend it simply because I love Min (and the other two too..)

The weave Elayne uses to tie the three of them together before bonding Rand, is based on what she saw when she and Aviendha were bonded.  Amys and Lian are sister-wives so presumably they are bonded as first sisters. In TSR, Lian is introduced as having yellow hair streaked with white and "appeared somewhat older than Amys"  Since the bond between Amys and Lian has not slowed.  Since Roark appears to be into his later middle years, it is safe to assume that they were all close to the same age when the three of them hooked up.  It follows that Min's age will not be affected by that bond. 

Keeping in Mind that the Oath Rod is now known to shorten the Life Span of the Aes Sedai Sworn thereby; I would say that the Warders die of Old Age long before the Aes Sedai that Bonded them,,, assuming that the Aes Sedai Bonds them while she is still on the young side of 100 years.

It's pretty much already been answered a few times, but I like being trendy so I'll go ahead and say much the same.

Warders aren't affected by the life thing with bonds. Cadsuane has run a few into the ground, she's said. Plus, so did RJ (about the slow aging not affecting Warders.)

Also, as far as the viewing affecting Min's aging.. ummmmmm.. I don't know. That's a tough call. My guess is no. It's the Power that slows aging and nothing else.

Chances are, probably not, but hey, I like Min. I want her to stay around for a while. Though we'll probably never know unless the prolouge of aMoL takes place good 100-200 years in the future, which actually sounds reasonable now that I think about it.  :D

Archived