DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A trip to Shienar (Tia & Guards) Continued...

Guest Celes

Guest Celes

The horses were cared for by the stable boy and the innkeeper had provided them all with rooms, they had arrived in Shienar and Lyv was glad for it. It had been quite a long journey and she wondered why people enjoyed traveling so much. Lyv was not used to horse riding for longer than an afternoon and found her behind sore and her legs tired. All she wanted was a hot bath but already the guards were sent on errands and chores. Lyv was asked to find them a room to themselves to have dinner and she went to the innkeeper who she found talking to his stable boy in the backyard. “Excuse me sir,†she waited and then found the man looking over his shoulder as if he felt a fly on his shoulder. “Oh my dear, one of our guests,†he said in a warm and friendly voice. “Have you had some time to freshen up m’lady?†he asked her and she stumbled a quick, “no sir,†before he dragged her along to a large room behind the kitchen where there were benches and large buckets of water standing ready. He pulled a white cloth from a shelf and dunked it in the water, steam rose and then he handed it to Lyv.

As she played around with the hot cloth for a bit, as it was drenched in boiling hot water and Lyv’s hands turned red from the steam, he settled on one of the benches across from her and said, “How was your traveling up to here?†Lyv thanked him for his kindness and said in few polite words that the traveling had been good. She was not very familiar with Shienaran custom, so she let it all wash over her like the hot cloth and steam. “Now what I can do for you?†he asked and his light gray eyes took her in warmly, “Well, I appreciate your kindness, I would like to ask if I could impose on it some more,†she started and then felt her hands relax and the blood no longer rushing crazily. It was quite comfortable having the warm cloth in her hands and she used it to clean her face as well. “Now that the dust has left you, you are a clean guest in my inn, Miss Tylin,†he said and smiled. “I would like a large room for this evening, for a dinner with all the people who came in my group,†the man nodded. “Of course, you did not have to call that a favor Miss Tylin, I am happy to tend to my guests,†then he left her in the room alone where she relaxed for a bit until the cloth went cold.

Lyv went back into the inn and found that the others had started to return to the common room. She took a seat at one of the table occupied and told her companions about the kind inn keeper. “I think it must be a custom to bring warm clothes to travelers,†she said as the others mentioned they too had found a warm cloth and basin in their rooms. They had to share the rooms in pairs or fours, but there was enough room for all they had found and Lyv was curious where she was to sleep. This stay was turning out a lot better than the travel up here had been. She ordered a cup of tea and awaited more tasks, or just some more chatter along the table. Knowing these guards for years and years, Lyv felt comfortable being in this strange place as long as they were here as well.

Lyv Tylin

Blademaster of PoW

Tower Guard

• 2 weeks later...

Liitha dumped down on the bed after washing off some of the dust and changing, they where in shienar. For the upcoming weeks she would stay with her traveling companions, but as they moved on her road would take her towards the bligth. She would spend the first time there to refresh her figthing abilities, talk to peoples living close to it, as well spend some time in the watch towers. Then her plans would take her through Tarwins Gap and into the bligth itself.

It was something she had thougth on a great deal, and had finaly ended on the descision that she needed to do it. She felt this way was the only way to really close the chapter of her past properly so she could fully look forward. Liitha twisted the dagger in her hand, something from her mother, that already was a closed chapter, she had said her goodbyes the day she was raised blademaster.

That thougth carried her eyes to her swords, a gift from her father, and an open chapter, she had learned to know him but had realised it wasnt enough, she needed to know where he was from. It would be a risky travel into what once was Malkieri, but she hadnt passed 3 decades of life without learning anything. When this travel was over and her year in the bligth was up she had a feeling one way or another time and life would catch up with her. She had come to the yard with an aim and it was time to close the circle and search out the last steph towards that aim.

Leaving her swords she put the dagger in her belt and walked downstairs to find the others.