DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sammael?

Sato

I thought the first of the forsaken loose both met rand at the eye? Their were two of them still can't remember who, but there bodies were not quite whole because they were close to being out already and time had not quite past them bye. So no i dont think he was there since his body would of had to been whole at the time.

Guest cwestervelt

Rand, Mat and Perrin didn't just notice him because of his scar, but because he kept watching them. When then mentioned him to Lan, we're told that Lan had already asked the innkeeper about him and found out the guy was a known Whitecload spy. I always figured that his only interest in Rand, Mat and Perrin was because they were travelling with Moiraine and Lan. As a spy/collaborator, he quite possibly would have recognized them for an Aes Sedai and Warder.

Or just as strange people... i mean they arrived through the back door with the innkeeper bending backwards to accomodate them... Then again, maybe he was spying on Min. You know whitecloaks.

He couldn't have been Sammael, aside from Ishamael, Aginor and Bathalmael were the first to be freed. They arrived at the eye of the world still in the same clothes they had been wearing in the Age of Legends... didn't even have time to change. That was a long time after the inn.

Additionally, Sammael is not the type to simply watch. If he had three guys he suspected of being Lews Therin in hand before the no-kill order went out, he would have just killed them all then and there... i mean, he tried to kill rand INSPITE of the no-kill order, which was why Moridin intervened to save Rand.

You know, I just read that chapter a couple weeks ago and thought:

"Is that Sammy? Naaaah, couldn't be..

But the description is really close, so maybe..."

I do think that this touches on a pretty big void of knowledge concerning "who got out of the bore and when". I would not be surprised if some of the Forsaken got a "jump" on Aginor and Balthamel without their knowledge.

I mean, we are reasonably sure that Ishy was out for a while, even though most of Randland is less sure of this than we are.

So just maybe this IS Sammy. Maybe he had some AoL tech to help him out of the Bore. Maybe some ter'angreal that works like a "get out of jail free" card.

I agree that Sammeal would have killed them on the spot, if he had known or didn't mind blowing his cover.

If he had just got out - and reconized Moiraine - how could he have known that channeling strength and knowlegde had declined. It might have grown.

I dont think it was Sammeal. People do look like each other.

nope, aginor was closest to the surface, then balthamel. look how badly these two were affected by this position, they are practically corpses.

sammael out at the begining of teotw is illogical.

the man is supposedly a known whitecloak spy, to be known he must live locally, he is not a mysterious stranger in bearleon.

though the description is very close, i cant think that if the seals were that weak that early in the game Fain would be sent for the boys, especially if as the kill order is pretty ugent in dark circles.

You know' date=' I just read that chapter a couple weeks ago and thought:

"Is that Sammy? Naaaah, couldn't be..

But the description is really close, so maybe..."

I do think that this touches on a pretty big void of knowledge concerning "who got out of the bore and when". I would not be surprised if some of the Forsaken got a "jump" on Aginor and Balthamel without their knowledge.

I mean, we are reasonably sure that Ishy was out for a while, even though most of Randland is less sure of this than we are.

So just maybe this IS Sammy. Maybe he had some AoL tech to help him out of the Bore. Maybe some ter'angreal that works like a "get out of jail free" card.[/quote']

So he... got free and went straight to Baerlon to a inn to glower at three boys... before he learnt how decripit modern channelers are? Thats just implausible.

Archived