DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How will Moiraine be essential to A Memory of Light?

Papermache

While Moiraine may have some critical piece of knowledge to defeat Shai'tan, I personally find it much more likely that her very reappearance will be critical to Rand because it will demolish at least some if not all of his walls.  Kind of what she did to lan in tGH only the walls and list will not come back.  I think this course is indicated when cadsuane says(I forget to who) that if Rand wins in his current state it will be no better than the Shadow winning.  In which case it will be like a loss, or at best, a pyrich(sp?) victory.

Her return will give Rand his humanity back which is an essential event that has to happen if he is to win the Last Battle.  It will rid Rand of his current psychosis about women dying for him.  And she's just downright cool in her own right.

I Agree with this. It will bbreak down his Emtional walls I think and he will either laugh or cry from relief that he feels when he can release the grief and guilt he feels from the number one woman at the top of his list.

one thing not mentioned here is lanfear's loss of power, where do you think it went?

i figure that moiraine got it which will play into the final battle, oh i agree that she will be part of helping rand too, but this is another part of it

my understanding has been that its pretty clear that its Cadsuane's job to teach Rand to laugh and cry again- not Moiraine.

i suspect that Moiraine will have found out some vital piece of information regarding TG while "visiting" with the snakes. moiraine's biggest impact has always been on her knowledge and power to apply that knowledge. i think she's going to return and will have something to offer in the form of information in order to help figure out what needs to be done to actually WIN TG.

lets face it....up until now, noone even knows how Rand will have to fight the DO- or even if he has to. Maybe he just has to withstand enough of his assault long enough to properly seal him in or something. anyway, theories about TG aside, i think her return will be to add insight on what needs to be done :)

I've long had ideas about what was going to happen with Moiraine.

We can look at the way RJ wrote the series, and the influences on his storytelling and themes. Moiraine is the Gandalf in this tale. She's very mysterious, full of intrigue and she  only gives information when she deems that it is necessary to move things along.

My guess is that she pretty much has most if not all of the pieces to the puzzle.

She's been there since the beginning of the new cycle, from the time Tamra made her last Vision announcing the birth of the Dragon, up until she fell through the doorway into the Aelfinn's realm. She made it a point to gather every resource of information, every intellectual, Oracle (Min), and she went to great lengths to gain insight into every aspect of how the Dragon might win the Last Battle. She went through the Tear doorway. She went through the Rhuidean rings.

I gather when she returns, she'll be much like Gandalf the White. She'll be a bit different. She'll tell her tale of what happened after she fell through the doorway with Lanfear, as Gandalf told of how he fell with the Balrog. Likely, she'll finally reveal all of the pieces to the puzzle that she has gathered, because by the time she has returned the others will have gathered enough of their own pieces that it will finally be the right time to give all of what she has gathered in the picture.

A preliminary example of this is her letter to Thom. She wrote it several books prior to when it was revealed to the people who needed to hear it read.

All of this and obviously the affect it will have on Rand to see his remorse over her death lifted from him...

Guest leebarr

REMEMBER what abilities Mat got in that same tergarol{misspelled]. I think she have some gift she will come back with that will be important.

REMEMBER what abilities Mat got in that same tergarol{misspelled]. I think she have some gift she will come back with that will be important.

Well, considering that she was there a very long time, she must have met MANY, MANY of those creatures (Snakes/Foxes whatever) so if she got three wishes from even half of them, she probably knows EVERYTHING!!!!   

Archived